spitfire 12

Thread: spitfire 12

spitfire 12

hi there
    can anyone remember who did a spit 12 a few years ago. and where to find it
    cheers
    greycap

It's been a while but I think I remember a Spitfire MkXII, possibly for CFS2 by Paul Rebuffet... maybe. I have a fairly extensive set of back-ups with older models for both FS9 and CFS2 that I acquired over the years. I'll have a look and if I find that particular Spitfire, I'll let you know.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

sptmxii.zip @flightsim.com

model by Paul Rebuffat
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Yep... that's the one. Unfortunately no VC but it's still a very nice model despite it's years. You'll need Roger Dial's P-51 as Paul's MkXII uses the gauges from that model.

BB686

spit 12

hi there
    I found it . flies nicely ,good even, cant seem find a realistic single engine griffon sound though .
    is there any way to stop the wheel wells showing through the top of the wing when seen from tower view I tried a different texture of the same type ,no joy.

griffon

hi their
    thanks for your time and reply
    all due respect to mr lawdog but that sound is not like any griffon ,spitfire /seafire or firefly ive heard . but hey i cant do soundfiles any way.
    cheers
    greycap

slightly odd. From the included docs.

This sound package includes original recordings from an actual Griffon-powered Spitfire recorded at Frasca field, Illinois, 28 Sep 2002. (See the included images of the Spitfire.)

Just a thought, if you have the Alphasim Martin Baker M.B.5, those included with that plane are some pretty impressive sounds... convincingly enough to mimic a Rolls Griffon 61 engine. Also, David Copley had some Griffon Spitfire sounds on his XP-38N website a few years back that worked very nicely too. Not sure if Mr. Copley is still around... it has been a while since I've seen or heard anything from him.

BB686

Fnerg's Firefly includes what I think is the best Griffon sound(by Gary Jones).
    It is here at SOH under "FS2004 Military props".

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    slightly odd. From the included docs.
    As it was recorded in the US, it must have been a Packard version of the Griffon .

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Just a thought, if you have the Alphasim Martin Baker M.B.5, those included with that plane are some pretty impressive sounds... convincingly enough to mimic a Rolls Griffon 61 engine. Also, David Copley had some Griffon Spitfire sounds on his XP-38N website a few years back that worked very nicely too. Not sure if Mr. Copley is still around... it has been a while since I've seen or heard anything from him.

BB686
    ive got the mb5 and use that sound on the seafire 47 and any other contra props .
    I s there a way to delete the contra sound part and change it for a 4/5 blade prop

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    As it was recorded in the US, it must have been a Packard version of the Griffon .

Cheers,
    Huub
    yanks don't do british very well .lol

Members who have read this thread: 0