KSMO Santa Monica Municipal Airport uploaded

Thread: KSMO Santa Monica Municipal Airport uploaded

KSMO Santa Monica Municipal Airport uploaded

Just to say that I have uploaded my version of KSMO. Try it out, let me know what you think.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ica_muni_v1.01
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Link doesn't work.
    "There are no entries matching the criteria you selected"

I think it just hasn't been approved by the librarians yet. Should be there soon, I'm sure!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Nice little rendition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KSMO.jpg  

Thank you for the kind words. Given that I'm using stock structures, nothing custom, are there any issues that I need to address?

Very nice. I'm using it now. I'm curious, as I have never done any creative work in a sim; how much time would you say you spent on that project?

Great little airport! Nice work. No Issues here.....Thanks

Santa Monica Municipal Airport used to be the home of Douglas Aircraft where my dad worked for a few decades.
    There were probably hundreds of DC-3's that were built there.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Very nice. I'm using it now. I'm curious, as I have never done any creative work in a sim; how much time would you say you spent on that project?
    It took about a week, but I don't work on such things all day long. I tend to spend 1-3 hours a day on such projects, so all told, probably 12 hours of work.

Only because you asked, and this is not a deal breaker, if you look at the screen shot along the south edge of the airport, where, I assume you pushed out the boundary, some people may see a cliff where one does not exist. I have a feeling this is an issue with either FSX or some other scenery package that made that area a canyon, but in reality it is not, it's reasonably flat to a slight slope southward. It would probably take an unreasonable amount of effort to fix the mesh there so I wouldn't worry about it.

I think that is a mesh issue and I'm not a mesh artist. An airport background cvx will flatten it too, but then it will be the exact elevation as the airport, which is also unrealistic.

Live ATC

I like to check out VatSpy when I have some time for a couple hours of flying during the day. It is easy for me most of the time to say "I think I'll fly" being retired but I understand that many of the Controllers on VATSIM have real life jobs or school to attend so no afternoon hours for me on the US East Coast quite often. I could fly Europe I know. Anyway this prelude is yesterday I found KSMO Tower online and LAX Center WOOHOO!!! so I went to Simbrief and planned my flight. I like to do that to get a plan to download for FSX. I flew a C172 Skyhawk to enjoy the VFR scenery and follow BSSMM sector chart along the way between KSMO and KBFL (Bakersfield) to fit my freetime to fly. Really a lot of fun. I placed the Cessna on the ramp at GA #10 adjacent to Taxiway A and got taxi clearance from the Tower who sent me to Rwy 21. Really nice job on the airport. Took off for Bakersfield and had a great afternoon. Only "downer" was as soon as I got airborne waiting for LAX Center as I swapped frequencies, they went off air. Oh well. It was a nice flight anyway. Looking forward to Saturday to have a lot of controllers online to choose from in the U.S. and Canada. Thank you for a great job modding the new runway and updating the airport. I fits the current Airport Diagram by Jeppsen right on. Back in the day: "IT'S CLOSE ENOUGH FOR GOVERNMENT WORK" LOL!

Glad that you are enjoying KSMO!

Members who have read this thread: 0