Lighting effect attributes

Thread: Lighting effect attributes

Lighting effect attributes

Is there a reference anywhere for the 'Lighting' effect attributes explaining what they do please?

As far as I am aware, not much exists. This kind of effect is rather limited in what it can do, and CFS3 supports very few being shown at a time. What are you wanting to use it for, there may be better options available.

SOH-CM-2020
    Where are the lighting effect attributes? There is a "Faders List" in the uisel.xml found in the install's appdata folder, I believe that that can be tweaked to give a different look but I have no idea if that is any use to you.

And Ankors Shaders has a d3d8.ini file with lots of editable lighting parameters.

It is curiosity really, I'd added managed to add a contact point light ( to try and see where the contact point was), but it just gowed over a large area, didn't seem much use in trying to refine contact points.

Pickin a lighting effect out of the effects file it shows so much info, but I was curious what is what:

<Light_runLight ClassName="Lighting" LightType="Point" Lifetime="3" InitialDelay="0" FadeInTime=".9" FadeOutTime=".9" StrobeInterval="1.0" StrobeRitm="50" PosX="-5" PosY=".122" PosZ=".3" RotY="0.0" RotX="0.0" Diffuse0="0 0 0" Diffuse1="235 197 63" Specular0="0 0 0" Specular1="238 243 24" Ambient0="0 0 0" Ambient1="0 0 0" Range="3.2" FallOff="0.1" Attenuation0="1" Attenuation1="2" Attenuation2="0" Theta="10" Phi="30"/>

What options are there other than 'point', does strobe work? what are RotT and X? Why are there two sets of diffuse and specular, what does ambient do, what are Theta and Phi? They are the sort of things I was hoping to understand.

In truth though I probably won't need to know, so just curiosity, and the other documents I'd been directed to were useful on other things.

SOH-CM-2020
    There is a good guide for the parameters in the effects.xml, but I'm blowed if I can remember if it is uploaded here. I know I have a copy buried in some backup. Hopefully someone else is more organised!

Members who have read this thread: 0