View to front in VC fix?

Thread: View to front in VC fix?

View to front in VC fix?

OK so I am at last now starting to love P3D4 now that I have some ORBX in it (no mean feat considering I bought it the day it became available and have v1 & 2 but never warmed to them). But it peeves me off some every time in the VC, the initial viewpoint in every aircraft is well back zoom wise and is distorted. The + key needs to be pressed 4 or 5 times to get realistically near the panel. If I inadvertently hit the backspace key the view to front in VC reverts. Quite annoying. FSX was never so distorted or was that just my imagination??

Is there a general setting in a cfg that can eliminated this or do I have to tinker with each aircraft cfg?
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Once you've loaded the default flight, set the zoom/viewpoint how you want it then save the flight and set it as the default flight.

Edit, have a look at the wide-screen setting in the options as well.

Thanks for the above. I wonder why they set the initial zoom so far back. I like it more now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails homer Doh.jpg  
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

You might also look at your P3Dv4 "Options - Display" set up page to see if "Wide-view Aspect Ratio" is checked. If checked, try un-checking that option.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Members who have read this thread: 0