C170B of Alabeo out
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C170B of Alabeo out

C170B of Alabeo out

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Beautiful Cessna Classic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cessna 170B.jpg  

When I saw this yesterday on Facebook I was ready to jump on it...owned one back in the 70’s. However, after I looked at Alabeo’s support page I backed out...not a lot of love there for Alabeo...so much strong negative.

Any one have any comments about Alabeo...either way?

Thanks.

Just like with Carenado (essentially the same company, I understand) there are lots of bugs when they are released - which must be due to poor (or no) proper beta testing.After a few patches they are very nice aircraft, although there's no systems depth to them.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Beautiful post-war, VFR classic. Many thanks, Alabeo.

62stratfan

I am watching this space to see how this blossoms. The GOOD thing is Bernt Stolle may have done the FDE... if so it will be GREAT! Will stay tuned....

C

I haven't a single complaint about the Alabeo 170B. Looks wonderful, Modeled amazing. (My guess is it is about a 1955 model) and fly's without complaint.
    Alabeo and Carenado take a lot of Flak but personally, I am grateful to Alabeo for tackling some of the true Icon's of General Aviation. The Staggerwing, the Cessna 195, the Cessna Twins like the 404, 441 and the 421 which is wonderfully done. The Quintessential Cabin Class Twin! Carenado's Beech 18 is beautifully done as well. This 170B is just as nice.
    Now if only they would do a Noorduyn Norseman we'd be set! The poor Norseman gets no Love and I'd really like to see the Warbird UC-64A version done.

Bernt Stolle may have done the FDE
    Not sure on that one.

But it's quite a gem, none the less, IMHO. Yes, 1955 first year for the larger quarter-pie window, I think. Hanging out for the AH C140 now.
    62stratfan

Glad to hear she flies well.... your Screen Name has me curious. I have an Eric Johnson Signature Strat that I am very fond of, but a 62! WOW, you lucky blighter!

C

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    I haven't a single complaint about the Alabeo 170B. Looks wonderful, Modeled amazing. (My guess is it is about a 1955 model) and fly's without complaint.
    Alabeo and Carenado take a lot of Flak but personally, I am grateful to Alabeo for tackling some of the true Icon's of General Aviation. The Staggerwing, the Cessna 195, the Cessna Twins like the 404, 441 and the 421 which is wonderfully done. The Quintessential Cabin Class Twin! Carenado's Beech 18 is beautifully done as well. This 170B is just as nice.
    Now if only they would do a Noorduyn Norseman we'd be set! The poor Norseman gets no Love and I'd really like to see the Warbird UC-64A version done.
    Version 1.0 has many things wrong with it. I am sure an update will be delivered shortly. Open the right window and tell me which way it opens, in or out? There are several others as well. There is a complete list on AVSIM. HOWEVER .... there is also a version 1.1 out I just read, and it fixes the gauges, windows, etc. If yours is ok, you may have 1.1. Agree on the Norseman. I believe Brian Gladden built the last one, and that has to be almost 15 years ago! I think we're due!

Don

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Version 1.0 has many things wrong with it. I am sure an update will be delivered shortly. Open the right window and tell me which way it opens, in or out? There are several others as well. There is a complete list on AVSIM. HOWEVER .... there is also a version 1.1 out I just read, and it fixes the gauges, windows, etc. If yours is ok, you may have 1.1. Agree on the Norseman. I believe Brian Gladden built the last one, and that has to be almost 15 years ago! I think we're due!

Don

15 years is about right Don... Back at Christmas I actually got FSDS 3.5 on my system but since I don't have my source files it's a moot point plus I don't have a lot of time. If I'm lucky I can fire up FS over the weekend at some point. When I was building planes I was working EMS and had multiple days off in a row. Now I'm more like 6 am to 5 pm.
    You can't take the sky from me...

WOW, you lucky blighter!
    Not quite that lucky, cavaricooper. It's just a screen name. I actually use an Am Std Strat today. Also, my c170 exe says ver 1.1 and I haven't noticed some of the anomalies that have been pointed out. Windows open correctly, for example. The engine gauges, though, I'm not really sure. The tool tips change by small amounts but I can't seem to notice a change on the gauges themselves. Could be me. Can someone verify?
    62stratfan

Edit: OK, there does seem to be some gauge issues. Suction stays at about 16 hg while tool tip says 4.8 hg. Amps at about 16-17 while tool tip says 30.0 amps. Oil temp and pressure don't seem correct. Flight gauges seem OK. My fuel selector works. Stall light OK. Still, it is a beauty and it does seem to fly really well.

1.1 update:

Changelog

• Fixes an issue were the glass panels including windshield and landing light lens were moving with the window frame.
    • Flaps now retracts independent from master battery.
    • Stall light fixed.
    • Fuel selector now is calibrated correctly.
    • Fixes an issue were the active frequency changed instead of the standby.
    • Instruments indications fixed to the operational range.
    • Minor bugs fixed.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks Yoyo. I seem to have everything except the instruments. Ooops, just noticed this...

The pilot's door seems OK, though.
    62stratfan

Quote Originally Posted by 62stratfan View Post
    I seem to have everything except the instruments. Ooops, just noticed this...

62stratfan
    Ups !

To temporarily solve this situation in FSX, just substituted the external and VC models of version 1.0 in version 1.1 and everything including flaplever and gauges seems to be alright.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hop in and Away.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Wim View Post
    To temporarily solve this situation in FSX, just substituted the external and VC models of version 1.0 in version 1.1 and everything including flaplever and gauges seems to be alright.
    You would think by now Alabeo would have learned to take an extra week and make sure things work right before releasing their planes. Quality Control doesn't seem to be a priority. They aren't bad planes once they get straightened out.

That's a great band-aid fix, Wim, if you have 1.0. As Rudyjo said take a week or so and be sure it's working. On the other hand, my business trips around Cape Cod, the South Shore and islands have never been better.

Best,
    62stratfan

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    15 years is about right Don... Back at Christmas I actually got FSDS 3.5 on my system but since I don't have my source files it's a moot point plus I don't have a lot of time. If I'm lucky I can fire up FS over the weekend at some point. When I was building planes I was working EMS and had multiple days off in a row. Now I'm more like 6 am to 5 pm.
    Hi, Brian! I know the feeling about "no time". I put FSDS on too, but have not used it for years. I have probably forgotten how to by now! I'm building a lot of plastic models now (cars and aircraft) but I try to keep up with, and still buy, for the flight sim. I looked in my files for your source file. You gave me one a long time ago, but I can't remember which airplane! Can't find it. That was two computers or so ago. You still doing road construction?

Don

Great little plane, but like in Alabeo, need some patches from beginnings .
    1.1 - oil temperatures gauge doesnt work like carb heat. I reported to Alabeo with this + pax door also.

Looking good YoYo! Guess what's DYING to go to Homer???

C

Nice pix, YoYo. I'm having the same gauge/door opening issues. For example, the pilot's door opens the co-pilot's window frame, too. Anyway, I took a stab at re-texturing the cloth parts of the interior to a neutral tan/beige with brown carpeting. The idea is to blend better with most any exterior color. I've seen a couple of prototypes as such, and I think Alabeo's c195 is like this. The blue interior in the metal-red A/C didn't seem right. Still love this c170. It's only the 3rd payware A/C I've purchased in 20 years of FS.

62stratfan

62stratfan...
    Love your Interior for the Red scheme. I too think it goes much better and is more realistic/true to life. Hope you give some thought to sharing your creativity...

Hope you give some thought to sharing your creativity
    Could do that. I wonder where they'd put it. Utilities, maybe? I'll have to make a few tweaks and a readme. Here's the metal/blue version.

62stratfan

Oooooh..... Looks really nice inside the Blue Scheme as well!

Members who have read this thread: 0