C170B of Alabeo out - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C170B of Alabeo out

Good news about 1.2. I'll check it soon.

NEW VERSION 1.2ALABEO C170B FSX/P3D
    - Solves an issue where the Oil Temp needle remained static.
    - Fixes Door animations.
    - Fixes an issue where after a while, the battery drained out.
    - Fuel selector adjusted.
    - Minor bugs fixes.

IMPORTANT:
    Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ok, looks like with this patch is good. Oil needle works (+carb heat), doors are ok, fuel selector is ok too ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1176039 ).

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

For those that prefer purchasing from the big box e-stores, version 1.2 is now available at PC Aviator (and yes, the 10% off Tuesday discount applies). I assume the plane will be available from the other big box e-stores soon.

Just fyi.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Good news about 1.2. I'll check it soon.
    I have just installed V1.2 and guess what.....my battery STILL drains out!?!?!

Tim check which aircraft.cfg you are using, I'm using the x64bit.cfg and I've got everything running all lights, heaters etc and my battery is fine

I have a funny feeling you are using the stock aircraft.cfg that designed for fsx, knowing you are using 64bit you need to rename that stock one and then amend the aircraftx64.cfg to aircraft.cfg

see if that helps, otherwise I'm not sure what's going on with your install

images from p3d v4

Nice work, jeansy. Musterpilot should be delighted.
    62stratfan

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Tim check which aircraft.cfg you are using, I'm using the x64bit.cfg and I've got everything running all lights, heaters etc and my battery is fine

I have a funny feeling you are using the stock aircraft.cfg that designed for fsx, knowing you are using 64bit you need to rename that stock one and then amend the aircraftx64.cfg to aircraft.cfg

see if that helps, otherwise I'm not sure what's going on with your install
    Hi Matt. Yeah i have no idea either!? I uninstalled V1.1 and installed V1.2 as usual -which should use the correct aircraft.cfg when you select "P3Dv4" in the install process.

The only thing I have added is your paints and aircraft.cfg entries.

Beats me!?!

Timmy, I didnt notice this (and I have P3Dv4 also). Did You start from default start or saved flight? Maybe try to take default Maule, start the engine, turn off all and save the flight as Default flight. Next You will have cold and dark situation for every aircraft. Maybe it helps.

images from p3d v4
    That is fantastic Jeansy
    Thank you

John

When will this one be ready for download Jeansy ?

John

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Hi Matt. Yeah i have no idea either!? I uninstalled V1.1 and installed V1.2 as usual -which should use the correct aircraft.cfg when you select "P3Dv4" in the install process.

The only thing I have added is your paints and aircraft.cfg entries

Beats me!?!

You manually need to change the cfgs. the installer only finds the directory not installs the x64 cfg as default, you need to do that

Its a new thing with them and carenado who only have recently included 3 versions of the cfg

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    When will this one be ready for download Jeansy ?

John
    it's been uploaded to avsim tonight

You manually need to change the cfgs. the installer only finds the directory not installs the x64 cfg as default, you need to do that

Its a new thing with them and carenado who only have recently included 3 versions of the cfg
    Hey Matt, I gave the aircraftx64.cfg (renaming it to "aircraft.cfg" then renaming the original one to "aircraftFSX.cfg") a go......but my battery still drains!?!?

Beats me!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Hey Matt, I gave the aircraftx64.cfg (renaming it to "aircraft.cfg" then renaming the original one to "aircraftFSX.cfg") a go......but my battery still drains!?!?

Beats me!?!?!
    Yup however i have the regersted fsupic and i just doubled checked i have unlimited battery ticked

I will have to check it unticked and see if the prob persists

Right-O! I decided to install V1.2 into my P3DV3 and do some testing. This is what i have found -on both computers and versions of P3D (v3 and v4).

Both of my versions have the "default" set up ie; the aircraft is the F22 running and ready to go. I have no "cold and dark" saved at all. It's all vanilla.

When I load the C-170 the engine is running with lights and radio on. All good to go and the AMP meter is well over half way.....I can take off and fly all day no issue.
    However, If I hit "shift 3" and select "Cold and Dark" through the Alabeo menu -before I get airborne- this changes EVERYTHING!?!?!

I go through all of the procedures to get the aircraft running. Then I notice that the AMP meter is below half way.....and this is were my battery drains!?! I get airborne and after a few minutes the battery goes flat!?!

So I have learnt that Alabeo has an error in there configuration if one selects "their" cold and dark option!?!?
    If I choose to start this aircraft from their "Cold and Dark", once i have her up and running I must use my hot keys to turn on the alternator which brings the AMP's well past half way and no battery drain!?!?

Very strange that i do not have to do this with any other Alabeo and or Carenado aircraft!?

The mind boggles......

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Timmy, I didnt notice this (and I have P3Dv4 also). Did You start from default start or saved flight? Maybe try to take default Maule, start the engine, turn off all and save the flight as Default flight. Next You will have cold and dark situation for every aircraft. Maybe it helps.
    Hello Yo Yo,

I have just tried your suggestion.....unfortunately my battery still drains!?!?

No matter what I do, I need to hit my hot key for "Alternator" every time to stop my battery from draining!?!?! I never have to do this to any other aircraft!?!

Beats me x2!?!

is there a paint kit for this C-170? I want to do this repaint of nobody else is working on it IF there is a paint kit. I dont have time right now to do that rivet work from scratch. If someone else has done a set of templates already, it would be awesome to see this beauty.

I've tried doing this style of paint as it's actually from the 1955 catalog. 1955 was the first year for the enlarged rear window, too. The stock red and blue over metal, while very nice, are a few years earlier, maybe '52 or '53. I managed to get a decent all metal paint, but I simply could not get all the color edges to line up from the nose bowl, cowling, firewall section, door, and main fuselage. These parts are scattered over the EXT1 file so it's very hard to line them up by eye. I don't know how they did it at Alabeo, but I sure couldn't. Also, the edge of paint along the main fuselage wouldn't come out straight. It looks like an oscilloscope. Any hints to doing this? I'll keep trying. The only "paint kit" are the two PSD's in texture.PSD in the main folder. They are the typical Alabeo flat PSD docs. I did get the "Cessna" and "One Seventy" lettering , though. I'd sorta like to see Alabeo re-shape the rear window to the original semi-ellipse, but I doubt that will happen.

62stratfan

Quote Originally Posted by 62stratfan View Post
    I've tried doing this style of paint as it's actually from the 1955 catalog. 1955 was the first year for the enlarged rear window, too. The stock red and blue over metal, while very nice, are a few years earlier, maybe '52 or '53. I managed to get a decent all metal paint, but I simply could not get all the color edges to line up from the nose bowl, cowling, firewall section, door, and main fuselage. These parts are scattered over the EXT1 file so it's very hard to line them up by eye. I don't know how they did it at Alabeo, but I sure couldn't. Also, the edge of paint along the main fuselage wouldn't come out straight. It looks like an oscilloscope. Any hints to doing this? I'll keep trying. The only "paint kit" are the two PSD's in texture.PSD in the main folder. They are the typical Alabeo flat PSD docs. I did get the "Cessna" and "One Seventy" lettering , though. I'd sorta like to see Alabeo re-shape the rear window to the original semi-ellipse, but I doubt that will happen.

62stratfan
    I added the One Seventy script to my personal airplanes...

Wow... N2935D is a GORGEOUS airplane!

That fuselage aint easy. can be done but its hard. Dont know why they do that. Milviz does the same thing. Their F-86 has a ton of fuselage curves as well.

That looks good. The door hinges are also on the EXT1 file.

As far as I've managed to date on the 1955 pattern...

The blue is to coordinate with either the stock interior or my neutral color mod.

62stratfan

Members who have read this thread: 0