C170B of Alabeo out - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C170B of Alabeo out

Thanks! I'll keep it going. Not as easy as I first thought, but I think it'll come together. Here's the Chilean A/C. As the interior is common, all c170's are affected.

62stratfan

Would I be able to get a repaint of this please

Thanks in advance

John

Quote Originally Posted by 62stratfan View Post
    Thanks! I'll keep it going. Not as easy as I first thought, but I think it'll come together. Here's the Chilean A/C. As the interior is common, all c170's are affected.
    62stratfan

62Stratfan:

I too would like to see you share the nice neutral tan/beige interior with us less talented and patient folks.

Thanks, everyone. The interior project is going OK so far. However, I'm not sure about re-painting the whole aircraft. Alabeo did include two Photoshop files but my old version won't open 4096x4096 files. Also, they don't appear to be layered, which is the whole point of a PSD. That means you'd have to paint around all the rivets, panel lines, weathering and shadows. A non-layered PSD doc is next to useless in my experience. Maybe I'm missing something. Anyone? Another thing is there is no texture map or instructions which means agonizing over where each tiny bit of metal or that one rivet is that needs paint. So re-painting may be a challenge. The interior is the same but less cluttered and easier to find little bits that need paint. I had to make my own map.
    62stratfan

Btw. nice real video but in my style!

https://youtu.be/KpOnFdunlYQ
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Few shots from Today's trips.
    Last edited by YoYo; February 21st, 2019 at 14:20.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Very nice shots YoYo she is a great aircraft

John

Nice pix again, YoYo. Especially No.2. Great flyer.

62stratfan

A question for anyone attempting a repaint of the C 170

Can someone point out to me where the compass deviation card on the panel of the C170 can be found on the texture files???

Thanks

Can someone point out to me where the compass deviation card on the panel of the C170 can be found on the texture files???
    It looks like WINTEXT.dds in the Texture.Common folder.

62stratfan

It looks like WINTEXT.dds in the Texture.Common folder.

62stratfan
    I think I looked at every file except that one! Thanks much. Here's what I've done with it so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C170 Panel.jpg  
    Last edited by binarkansas; February 23rd, 2019 at 12:19. Reason: remove duplicate image

Looks great. The stock correction card is all but illegible.
    62stratfan

Thanks, everyone. The interior project is going OK so far. However, I'm not sure about re-painting the whole aircraft. Alabeo did include two Photoshop files but my old version won't open 4096x4096 files. Also, they don't appear to be layered, which is the whole point of a PSD. That means you'd have to paint around all the rivets, panel lines, weathering and shadows. A non-layered PSD doc is next to useless in my experience. Maybe I'm missing something. Anyone? Another thing is there is no texture map or instructions which means agonizing over where each tiny bit of metal or that one rivet is that needs paint. So re-painting may be a challenge. The interior is the same but less cluttered and easier to find little bits that need paint. I had to make my own map.
    62stratfan
    the format has always been a single layer, you don't need to pain around rivets or other items

VH-WRT after about 30mins of work, this is the easiest Carenado and alabeo mapped model yet

anyway I will finish the 3rd paint off tomorrow

Thx Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    the format has always been a single layer, you don't need to pain around rivets or other items

VH-WRT after about 30mins of work, this is the easiest Carenado and alabeo mapped model yet

anyway I will finish the 3rd paint off tomorrow
    Please, release the all aluminum skin WITH NO MARKINGS. Pretty please! It might have taken you about thirty minutes, it would take me about three days!

this is the easiest Carenado and alabeo mapped model yet
    Great. This is my first Alabeo. Tell us how it's done and I'll take a shot at it.

Many Thanks,
    62stratfan

OK, made a little progress...

62stratfan

That is a masterpiece

Thanks

John

That would be a good idea to release the bare metal paint without markings
    I would be able to put VH-WRT on myself which is about my limit when it comes to painting

I don't know about masterpiece, but it's coming along. Many nits to fix. Jeansy will probably finish first.

62stratfan

I don't know about masterpiece, but it's coming along. Many nits to fix. Jeansy will probably finish first

62stratfan
    Go for it, ive already done a few australian and New Zealand schemes so im not in any rush as ive done what i wanted to

After today im not interested in doing anything tonight besides watching a movie and brew

Something for Tundra version for us?

Bush Air maybe? http://bush-air.com/school.htm

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    That would be a good idea to release the bare metal paint without markings
    I would be able to put VH-WRT on myself which is about my limit when it comes to painting
    Everyone starts somewhere...

Could do that. I wonder where they'd put it. Utilities, maybe? I'll have to make a few tweaks and a readme. Here's the metal/blue version.
    62stratfan
    Looking at your images I might have to break down and buy this one sooner than later.

Many thanks. It's been great so far. They've just issued an update (ver 1.2) to address some of the glitches like the door opening.

62stratfan

Members who have read this thread: 0