Nascar 2019...

Thread: Nascar 2019...

Lightbulb Nascar 2019...

Well...It will be interesting to see what happens with Camaro vs Mustang now....

I watched The Clash race yesterday. Looks like the aero package has returned super speedway racing to the "string of pearls" going around the track. You had to be leading a pack of cars greater than four in number in order to move forward. Unless you are in the lead pack and happen to be second, then you just get on the left rear corner of the car in front and spin him out of the way.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

We will probably end up with the Mustang v Camaro confrontation in the Supercar series with very little 'other' opposition.

As FPV have somehow managed to get the Mustang into the series (I'd like to know how!) TWR have followed them with the Camaro.
    Commodores will be run but for an unknown time while the sleeper could be Nissan, they blew everything into the weeds before their GTR 'Godzilla' was effectively banned (vested interests again) around 1991.
    If they decide to run the present day GTR then all bets are off.
    And in an interesting move GM are apparently binning the 'Holden' name to replace it with 'Opel'.
    That will bring on screams of unhappiness from the parochial Muppets.
    The fledgling WTC series that will be run this season in Oz looks quite promising and quite relevant to the market, with a number of very professional operations coming on board.
    March 3rd is the starting date for the Supercars with the Clipsal 500 running in Adelaide, always worth attending.
    We'll make a full week of it, Adelaide is a nice City.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I watched the Can-Am Duel races last night. Not really impressed. Again, it was a string of pearls counting off laps. If you had a really fast car, could get a really good run off the outside lane coming out of a turn, you could pass one car, but if there was not space in front of that car, you had to hope the spot in the line you just left was still open. If your spot closed up, you went to the back.

And, again, Jimmie Johnson put his right front bumper into the left rear corner of a car and sent it spinning. This time it was Kyle Bush. Not really the driver I'd want to piss off as Kyle is not beyond repaying the favor on Sunday.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I watched the "duels" too. What a boring race. A couple of years ago NASCAR implemented the "Riker" rule. They should invoke it for all drivers last night except for the Logano and the two or three guys who actually had to "race their way in".

Remember the episode of Star Trek TNG where the Star Fleet scientist wanted to take Data apart, and Data refused, and Star Fleet said he couldn't refuse, so Data resigned from Star Fleet but Star Fleet said he couldn't do that either because he was just an appliance, so Picard took it to court and the Star Fleet lawyer said Riker had to be the prosecutor, and Riker refused, but the Star Fleet he couldn't refuse because it was the rules, and if he did refuse she would rule in Star Fleets favor and data would be taken apart, and, she added, "if I think you're not giving it 100% I will also rule in Star Fleet's favor!" ?

So NASCAR, a couple years ago, said it was a rule that you had to "race really hard and not just drive around in circles waiting for the race to end". Well, they all violated the Riker rule last night. Except Logano and the two or three who had to race their way in. And maybe the 48, since he caused a crash (again), so he must have been at least trying.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Probably a silly question here but ........why are NASCAR running something labelled 'Can Am'?
    Last time I looked the cars were big hairy 'anything goes Gr.7 sports cars' followed by thinly disguised big hairy F.5000 based devices.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Probably a silly question here but ........why are NASCAR running something labelled 'Can Am'?
    Last time I looked the cars were big hairy 'anything goes Gr.7 sports cars' followed by thinly disguised big hairy F.5000 based devices.
    Because Can Am put up the money to sponsor the races. If Budweiser had put up the money, they would have been the Budweiser Duel Races. It's big money, that's the only reason.

Hey All,

Bummer for Natalie but Angela made it to the end.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

The Cup race was an outright demolition derby.

i turned it off after the first segment,ive come to think thats why i lost interest in nascar.i did see that Matt Dibenidetto was still up front 4th or 5th when his big wreck happened.maybe he is getting better? or the 95 team has given himm the equipment he needs?..i was pleased with what i saw of him,and he led 49 laps,the next highest was 44 laps,dont recall who though.so did i read that right then?

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    The Cup race was an outright demolition derby.
    The last 10 laps took longer the rest of the race,lol

'To finish first, first you have to finish'.
    That should be tattooed across the wheel operatives foreheads!!!

Funny how that happens, I was busy then tuned in to catch the last 50 laps, hoping for a quick ending, I was wrong.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Lightbulb

Interesting to note that before everything got mucked up, the Fords were kicking some serious @ss!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i did see that Matt Dibenidetto was still up front 4th or 5th when his big wreck happened.maybe he is getting better? or the 95 team has given himm the equipment he needs?..i was pleased with what i saw of him,and he led 49 laps,the next highest was 44 laps,dont recall who though.so did i read that right then?
    Leavine (#95 owner) has a technical deal with Joe Gibbs Racing this year (not as deep as the one Furniture Row Racing used to had though). This could explain why he was so fast.

If you are running a Toyota, it seems that JGR is the team that has it figured out.

NASCAR has lost lots of interest in the last few years, even in the southern U.S., but they did it to themselves, all the cars are the same, just different paint jobs, Mustangs look nothing like a actual Mustang, same for Camaro & Camry, and all the silly rules as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    NASCAR has lost lots of interest in the last few years, even in the southern U.S., but they did it to themselves, all the cars are the same, just different paint jobs, Mustangs look nothing like a actual Mustang, same for Camaro & Camry, and all the silly rules as well.
    I gotta agree!

Members who have read this thread: 0