Airwrench - contact point lights

Thread: Airwrench - contact point lights

Airwrench - contact point lights

I enabled contact point lights in airwrench but don't see anything in game. Is there a default key for nav light effects, or is the effect for them perhaps set up not to show?

I refer to nav lights as the .cfg file that airwrench modifies suggets they should be the nav light effect.

Thanks for any help.

The Nav Lights are listed in the effects section of the xdp file and are typically speed dependent.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

AirWrench doesn't do CFS3 lights, because they're set in the .XDP, not the .CFG like FS 8, 9, X and CFS2.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Ah, I see, thanks fo rthe replies, so:

1) Is it possible to replicate in the .xdp what Airwrench creates in the .cfg? Or am I wasting my time looking in to this?

2) Nav lights are speed dependent, do you mean I have to be moving for them to show? They must have to be toggled on though somehow surely, by the player?

Sorry, other than in the cockpit we don't have an on/off function for the lights.

The external light effects can be set up to start from zero, and turn off once you're airborne based on setting a speed range for when they are to be switched on.

My guess is that the original MS developers had made some assumptions about external lighting for combat aircraft in WWII and simplified the switch option out of their code.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I did a thread on this a long time ago and although the images have disappeared, you may find it helpful. The important thing to remember is in the CFG the sizes are in feet whereas in a CFS3 XDP they’re in metres.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-light-effects
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

It is possible to have pilot controlled nav lights. The 3d model has to be set up correctly and some external code written.

Thank you for bumping the other thread, my eyes are goign to be very grateful to you for the reference in there to xmlwrench whcih I've just checked out.

Members who have read this thread: 0