X-Plane - subsystems

Thread: X-Plane - subsystems

X-Plane - subsystems

Can someone comment on X-Plane aircraft subsystems and how they compare to FSX \ P3D systems.
    I just found out a high end developer has moved to X-Plane and am trying to understand the advantages.

I tried to find the site I was reading when I was first considering X-Plane because it spoke about the difference between modeling FDE's in P3D/FSX and the system used in X-Plane. It was suggested that X-Plane's system can model real physics/airflow over the aircraft to model a significantly better aircraft than the "other Simulator games". That's is something they are quite proud of and while they say FSX and P3D are good, they will also refer to them as games. . .where X-Plane is a true Simulator.

As for Subsystems, I've never read anything on their site that speaks directly to that (I assume you're asking about fuel, engine, hydraulics, and so on). That may be something that someone else can speak to, especially someone like the developer you mention.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

X-Plane models airflow at framerate thanks to using vortex-lattice theory or something like that, while MSFS controls aerodynamic performance of objects based on tables generated from data from any feasible source (vortex lattice or CFD simulation or actual flight test data). XP's method requires less input data while MSFS' method requires less CPU power.

Systems-wise, XP offers better default options, such as less buggy fly-by-wire and a more extensive battery simulation.

Allegedly.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 0