Ground sound parameters in the sound.cfg

Thread: Ground sound parameters in the sound.cfg

Ground sound parameters in the sound.cfg

Hi

I've read the aircraft container overview but am a bit confused by the ground sound parameters.

It seems that the only way to mute the sound is to drop the min volume setting, rather than expect it to be muted at < the minimum speed, is that correct?

And that this is why if the minimum volume is 'too high' it will play the roll sound even when the aircraft is stationary, so the trigger of the roll sound can actually be thought of as 'wheels (contact points) touching the surface', rather than 'wheels touching surface AND KTAS > 0'?

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks.

After testing and playing about I think I've answered my own question, or at least got things working as I need, based on my OP understanding.

I did the sounds for the Fw 190 series package, and it doesn't play the sound when not moving. Also has several different sounds for a variety of surfaces. You're welcome to use it for reference for your project.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I did the sounds for the Fw 190 series package, and it doesn't play the sound when not moving. Also has several different sounds for a variety of surfaces. You're welcome to use it for reference for your project.
    Thanks, I'll take a look. As I mentioned above I've got it working, but it'll be intersting to see your method (values) and also what sounds you've actually used.

Members who have read this thread: 0