A few questions

Thread: A few questions

A few questions

I'm getting back into CFS2 after many years. I used to troubleshoot such issues with ease, but I've forgotten a lot. So please forgive some probably easy questions.

1. I have a P-40N which works great. But after exiting the mission, CFS2 does a CTD. What would cause that?

2. I downloaded another P-40N which doesn't show up to select. How to fix?

3. There was a list, I believe, where you had to enter installed aircraft to make them show up in the enemies list. What was that?

4. I got the default P-39 flyable, but I'm wondering is there a way to add a VC cockpit?

1. I'm not sure but something in the back of my head thinks DP hitbox and part linking related.

2. Check the Panel and Sound. If all that is in the folder is a .cfg open it with notepad and make sure you have the aircraft the the alias that the is looking for or change the .cfg text to use one the the aircraft you have.

3. The B24 Guy has you covered and then some has he has made VCs for all AI aircraft. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=105&sort=d
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks Allen for the link. Much appreciated !!

hertzie.

Indeed. Thanks Allen for the link. Already downloaded from there.

I am still unable to get this P-40N to appear. Sound is aliased to the P-38F, so that's okay. Panel seems fine. I tried placing a panel from a working plane in there and that didn't help.

What should I try next?

Check the aircraft.cfg. Make sure the sim= line is listing the name of the airfile. Also is the aircraft an AI only?
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

e.a..........

........maybe out in left field here but make sure that your P38 is titled exactly like it appears in the sound alias or vice versa. Had that problem before made the alias and the plane the id'ed the same way and the plane then worked.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info guys. Helped me too. Just getting started again and having teething problems. Cheers,Scott

Cripes! I just figured it out, but it's not what you'd expect. First lines of the aircraft.cfg are:

[fltsim.2]
    title=Kittyhawk Mk.IV RAAF
    sim=P-40N_RAAF
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=currawong
    checklists=P-40n_CHECK

...see it?...

It should be:

[fltsim.0]

Finally! I can fly this baby. Thanks for jumping in to help.

Hey, one more thing. Both of these P-40N's are Krystoff Malinowskis. They fly great but cause CTD after the mission quits. What would be causing that? How can I fix it?

Hi e.a.wicklund,

Sounds like the g-lightstates or crash-check problem only way to fix is with hex edit or disassembly reassembly with SCASM.

Point me to the download and I would be happy to check it out.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi e.a.wicklund,

Sounds like the g-lightstates or crash-check problem only way to fix is with hex edit or disassembly reassembly with SCASM.

Point me to the download and I would be happy to check it out.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Hi B24

It's the crash check.... there's no lightstates.

Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Hi B24

It's the crash check.... there's no lightstates.

Cheers mav
    Okay. I'm not familiar with the Crash Check. How do you fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by e.a.wicklund View Post
    Okay. I'm not familiar with the Crash Check. How do you fix that?
    Like B24 said.... by hexing and scasm.

B24 has generously offered to help.... so point to download.... i can tell you now it was a PIA to do..... it does error when decompiled.

I fixed mine but also modded it so dont have org anymore.... but once fixed its good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled11.jpg  

If CFS2 gives you a CTD when exiting a free flight or quick combat session, you may want to check the allegiance number in the plane's DP file. If you are not using the extended Country.cfg file, and if the allegiance of this aircraft is set to anything else than 1, 2, 3 or 4, the game will crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    If CFS2 gives you a CTD when exiting a free flight or quick combat session, you may want to check the allegiance number in the plane's DP file. If you are not using the extended Country.cfg file, and if the allegiance of this aircraft is set to anything else than 1, 2, 3 or 4, the game will crash.
    Ha! That's got it. I still have a very basic install with the standard country.cfg file. Allegiance of the plane was set to 10 (New Zealand?)
    I put it to 1 and no more CTD! Out-freakin'-standing, Roxane. Thank you kindly!

Also thanks to B24Guy and your kind offer. Got it worked out it after all.

Much thanks to everyone.

You're much welcome!

Icon5

Think 10 is for Australia.... mine was set to 3 but changed to 10...... no ctd issue.... guess its mystery to me.

Good it worked out on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post

Nice Work

Members who have read this thread: 0