Exciting sound release for the xp11 c47
    In the car (wife is driving) so will report later

Vid sounds terrific.
    https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php...the-very-dc-3/ 39

Blog Entries
    Outstanding sound effects for the C-47
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Would be cool if this found its way into the VSKYLABS model.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Would be cool if this found its way into the VSKYLABS model.
    I wonder if the author would be willing to adapt it or allow someone else to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    I wonder if the author would be willing to adapt it or allow someone else to do it...
    Well, the update to v1.1.0 provides an answer.

Blog Entries
    You ask we deliver... now supports the VSKYLABS model as well 😎 YEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWW!!!!
    Ted

Ted are you employed by Xplane or on a royalty commission basis.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Ted are you employed by Xplane or on a royalty commission basis.
    No sir not at all! I privately build game systems. My FSX was getting long the tooth and I had tried P3D and a couple of other sims and just fell in love with X-Plane.
    Ted

Wanted to post an announcement thread here myself... looks like I didn't even get the chance to do so

Sooo, anyone here remembers my Pratt & Whitney R-1830 sound set for Manfred Jahn & Team's C-47 package (released around Christmas 2017)? Well, this set was meant for Christmas 2018 but got delayed due to "life".

After building the FSX sound set I really wanted to see what was possible in FMOD as I was intrigued by their Cessna demo. Long story short, the FMOD sound system used in X-Plane 11 is way more powerful than the FSX sound system (used in FSX and P3D). As a result I could finally go "all out" and added a ton of features... the end result becoming like this:

The sound package can be downloaded at X-Plane.org forums (as mentioned in the first post) and AVSIM.com.

I would have also uploaded to SOH but apparently there is no category for X-Plane files?

Enjoy!

Mike

I've only skimmed over the FMOD sound system and at first glance, it seems rather complicated to set up with all the links and GUIDs and such. Does FMOD Studio make the process easier?

It's a great system though. The soundscape on most FMOD-equipped birds is second to none.

I've been trying to download both and always fails about 50%. Tried seven times without luck. Seems others have that issue too when I looked up issues for this.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I've only skimmed over the FMOD sound system and at first glance, it seems rather complicated to set up with all the links and GUIDs and such. Does FMOD Studio make the process easier?

It's a great system though. The soundscape on most FMOD-equipped birds is second to none.
    You can't really do FMOD sound packages without FMOD Studio. From my experience it is a lot of information to get your head around and the documentation on the topic isn't the best (at least when I went through it).

Comparing it with developing sounds for the FSX sound engine is night and day. A simple FSX sound package can be built "manually" using notepad and a couple of samples if you wish. In contrast, FMOD requires a complete developer environment...

Linking everything together isn't that complicated it's just... messy and sensitive to typos (not a good combination). Hopefully this will improve as XP gets updated as it is surely the weakest point of the implementation.

Can't argue with the end results though!

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I've been trying to download both and always fails about 50%. Tried seven times without luck. Seems others have that issue too when I looked up issues for this.
    Are you referring to FMOD Studio or the DC-3 sound package? If the latter, have you tried both AVSIM and X-Plane.org?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Linking everything together isn't that complicated it's just... messy and sensitive to typos (not a good combination). Hopefully this will improve as XP gets updated as it is surely the weakest point of the implementation.
    FMOD is a third party plugin, so any improvements will have to come from the original developer (I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Are you referring to FMOD Studio or the DC-3 sound package? If the latter, have you tried both AVSIM and X-Plane.org?
    I've tried a bunch of times to download Aeroworx and your sound package at X-plane.org. AVSIM will be ok, but X-plane.org is the problem.

Any status on this model, I'm seeing Dec 2017 for version 2.5.0? Paint kit?

Edit: Tried downloading today... three failures.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xplane.org fail.jpg  

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Funny but I have the same problem downloading from x-plane.org. I get “download failed” about 40% of the time, especially downloading multiple files

I'm hoping the Aeroworx team can update their model to accept the revised mapping. The revised backbone now can accept clean rivet pattern. I'll be ready when the (FSX/P3D) model goes "GOLD".

Backbone matches from midship to the tail and blends nicely with the front half.

Members who have read this thread: 0