Anyone using both ORBX and PIS PNG scenery?

Thread: Anyone using both ORBX and PIS PNG scenery?

Anyone using both ORBX and PIS PNG scenery?

Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience running both the Pacific Islands Simulations "Extreme Bush Trekker" scenery with the ORBX Tapini and/or Port Moresby packages.

I picked up the PIS scenery a while back, but before installing it I discovered the ORBX packages and started having so much fun I never got around to installing the PIS stuff, then my interests wandered elsewhere - squirrel! - and now I'm back to the PNG bush and wanting to try the PIS stuff too.

I'm specifically wondering about the airports where there is coverage overlap like Tapini, Fane, Ononge, Woitape; and also about the mesh the PIS package comes with. My guess is I'd like to keep the ORBX renditions of these strips, and probably the ORBX Holgermesh for PNG... so can I run the PIS scenery without screwing that up? I'm thinking as long as I run the PIS stuff in layers below the ORBX layers this oughta work?

Sure, the easy answer is to just try it; I just recently finished a time consuming repair of FSX though, and that was necessitated by removing a simple add on.. I'd rather not break anything else. If anyone has experience here, I'd be interested. Thanks...

Squirrel, where!

Sorry I cant help, I just couldn't resist
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Hi
    I think there was an instruction written on how to run the two alongside one another but I cant remember its exact location.

I am pretty sure it was on the orbx forum.

Cheers chris

Found it here at orbx.

search PIS

Cheers chris
    Last edited by speedy70; February 6th, 2019 at 14:42.

Perfect, just what I needed. Thanks Chris!

I am going to remove the link now cos it was through my account.

cheers chris

Thanks, got it bookmarked. Fwiw I had to sign in with my own account to view the thread so I don't think you had to worry, but better to be safe. Thanks again!

Members who have read this thread: 0