Virtavia Helicopters in P3D 4

Thread: Virtavia Helicopters in P3D 4

Virtavia Helicopters in P3D 4

Hi all,

I am mostly a General Aviation and fixed wing military simmer. however, I do like to fly my virtavia helicopters from time to time. Not very complicated and still look good. In particular the heavies, CH-53 and MH-53 as well as the UH-60 and Sea king helos. For some reason in P3D 4.4 I cant get these to take off. I can fly the default robinson 22 just fine. Works fine with my saitek X55 HOTAS set up, but for some reason, I cant get these other birds to take off. When I am in the cockpit to first take off, the engines are on and rotors are spinning. Normally I just raise the collective (my throttle in this case) and they take off. This time, pulling up on the collective will just cause the rotor to stop and the engine dies. I watched the collective animation in the sim and its correct. I also looked to see if somehow I had tied it in the HOTAS calibration to a rotor brake or something... no soap.

Is there an issue with these birds being compatible with P3D4.4? If so, that would make me sad indeed. I love these helicopters.

Usually, the problems you describe are caused by an incorrect mixture or RPM setting, possibly inherited from a Cold&Dark default flight, for example.
    Try hitting CTRL+F4 and CTRL+SHIFT+4 to set both the "mixture" and the "RPM" to max, and see how your copters react.

From my side, the default MH-60 variations are the only Virtavia model I still fly from time to time.
    I have reinstalled the Apache and the Ka-50 I had bought back in my FSX days, and both quickly went back to trash... The cockpit proportions of the Ka-50 are totally wrong (far too big in VR) and the Apache has no avionics or weapon systems. External models still look good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Usually, the problems you describe are caused by an incorrect mixture or RPM setting, possibly inherited from a Cold&Dark default flight, for example.
    Try hitting CTRL+F4 and CTRL+SHIFT+4 to set both the "mixture" and the "RPM" to max, and see how your copters react.

From my side, the default MH-60 variations are the only Virtavia model I still fly from time to time.
    I have reinstalled the Apache and the Ka-50 I had bought back in my FSX days, and both quickly went back to trash... The cockpit proportions of the Ka-50 are totally wrong (far too big in VR) and the Apache has no avionics or weapon systems. External models still look good, though.
    Hey that worked!!! Thanks! Saved that one for the future. I did find that if I changed helicopters during the same scenario, I needed to do the above key strokes again, but then all was well.

Thanks again Daube!

You're welcome
    Just now I realize my error in writing the second key combo: should be CTRL+SHIFT+F4, no just 4

Hi Daube
    I have cockpit models for the Ka-50 that I rescaled in MCX for use in VR.
    They still might not be 100% accurate but I dont feel like a 6 month old baby sitting in it now.

If you'd like a copy PM me back an e-mail addy that will accept a 2.6mb attachment and I send them over.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Thanks a lot for your proposition Dave !
    However, I have removed that copter for the same reason as the Apache. Without the instruments, it's not so interesting to fly them.
    I wish Milviz would model such copters with full TacPack support...

Its not Dave, wrong Dangerous but thats OK
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29