FSX/P3D Generic GCA Gauge.zip

Thread: FSX/P3D Generic GCA Gauge.zip

FSX/P3D Generic GCA Gauge.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Gauges and panels

Description: This package contains a custom autopilot and two GCA (Ground Controlled Approach) gauges: Approach Pattern Control (APC) and Precision Approach Radar (PAR). You can request Pattern Control from 15 to 30 miles out, and the Approach Controller will set you up for a downwind, dogleg, or straight-in approach leading to a point eight miles from the runway at the proper altitude for a 3-degree glideslope. At the intercept point, the PAR Controller will take over and talk you down to the runway threshold. The GCA and PAR processes can be run in auto or in manual mode; that is, the panels can be visible or hidden and autopilot assistance can be turned on or off. As a consequence, serious realism challenges are possible, including hands-on approaches flown in proverbial pea- soup weather. Check Rebel Sport Catalogue and Amart Catalogue. The project is hugely indebted to Karol Chlebowski's powerful AILA (Airborne Instrument Landing Approach) gauge, adapted by permission of the author, and Doug Dawson's equally powerful sound DLL gauge. GCA gauges and manual by Manfred Jahn, historical research by Tom Harnish, and compatibility testing by Ralf Scholten.

See https://youtu.be/MkCGDW1idm8 for a brief introductory video.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX/P3D Generic GCA Gauge.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Mjahn, super job! I took your package from the C-47 and put it into another and the sound calls go a little tangled. I eventually sorted it out, but this package makes it so much easier to add to any other platform. Thank you for a great package and to the team that put this all together. The ability for the package to recognize the tail number is clever and adds boucoup to the immersion factor. Outstanding job!!..Terry

I followed the instructions to the letter, for adding to my panel. Not showing up. Am in the process of checking everything. But nothing so far... NC

Update: got it to show up. Found error in my .cfg editing.

Now to figure out how to use it!

This addon is cool! I did a quick approach to Eglin L35. Approach Control had me turning one direction, then another, almost zig zag at times; but I will get used to how it works. Thank you SO much!! NC

It works! Plugged it into the A2A Cherokee and got talked down at Catalina Island, KAVX. Not the most graceful approach, but I didn't hit any trees and I didn't use the AILA display or the autopilot.

https://youtu.be/n50BbZc7GQs

Well done, good video! BTW, Alice/Alan will continue to talk you down even if you shut the AP panel off. I suspect you had some real weather and a bit of a crosswind, which you can check in an AILA subpanel.

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    I suspect you had some real weather and a bit of a crosswind, which you can check in an AILA subpanel.
    Nope, but nice of you to suggest it. This was FSX "Fogged In". The wobblies are all pilot-induced.

So great!

Hallo Manfred, Hi Tom,

Many thanks for this great gauge! So "simple", but so usefull and amazing.

Because I have to spare as much SSD bits as possible (full to 90%) I just installed it a bit different, so that I only have the ini, wav, and gauge in one place. Then I just have to add the entries into any panel.cfg .

Tschüss

Daniel

Members who have read this thread: 0