So, I just discoverd Carriers! CVT-16? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So, I just discoverd Carriers! CVT-16?

It's no problem sorry for not getting back to you and being short in my responses i'm just a bit snowed under with work at the moment so i'm behind with replying to PMs and answering some forum threads and i've got a backlog of ship requests!

How did you get hold of Karla?.....i've been trying to get the same permissions. You're lucky I went the hard way round.....rebuilt and merged the msh components in Blender, had to recreate the UVMaps, remap and reskin all the textures, create custom components specific to FSX with animations (radars, blast shields, IFOLS, lighting) and sort out the transparency issues i've had.

I haven't done Lex (well not got round to it) so sounds like you've got the mods already so as per my previous note you may have better options than me if you want it quickly.

As for Lex I am trying to work out a quicker way to redo the textures so if you can wait (up to you sounds like you're good to go) I can knock something up....CVT Lex is in the pipeline too.

Wake effects and steam effects are keeping me up at night as well as the night lighting!

I'm also trying to reverse engineer some of my RN models for IL2.......more

ATB (as Dave would say)

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    It's no problem sorry for not getting back to you and being short in my responses i'm just a bit snowed under with work at the moment so i'm behind with replying to PMs and answering some forum threads and i've got a backlog of ship requests!

How did you get hold of Karla?.....i've been trying to get the same permissions. You're lucky I went the hard way round.....rebuilt and merged the msh components in Blender, had to recreate the UVMaps, remap and reskin all the textures, create custom components specific to FSX with animations (radars, blast shields, IFOLS, lighting) and sort out the transparency issues i've had.

I haven't done Lex (well not got round to it) so sounds like you've got the mods already so as per my previous note you may have better options than me if you want it quickly.

As for Lex I am trying to work out a quicker way to redo the textures so if you can wait (up to you sounds like you're good to go) I can knock something up....CVT Lex is in the pipeline too.

Wake effects and steam effects are keeping me up at night as well as the night lighting!

I'm also trying to reverse engineer some of my RN models for IL2.......more

ATB (as Dave would say)

Gary
    Sent you a PM.

Guys,

Lexington1709 have had a couple of PMs back and forwards and i've had an idea that might be mutually beneficial to both of us.

He needs a set of Lex textures for a project and i'm slowly working my way through the pennant numbers but textures aren't my favourite task in modelling and i'm busy at work now.....so it will be weeks before I get round to doing a CVA-16 (the anomalies in the model being my priority) - so i'm putting a shout out to some of the excellent texture artists out there....anyone interested in redoing the island and deck for CVA-16 if I provide the textures?

Drop me a PM if you are - i'll then add them to the model config and convert them to the source format for Lex for his model.

There's a couple of forum threads running on the Essex topic so i'm going to post back on my main (shipyard) thread next steps for Essex so that i'm looking in one place. .

Best
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    Guys,

Lexington1709 have had a couple of PMs back and forwards and i've had an idea that might be mutually beneficial to both of us.

He needs a set of Lex textures for a project and i'm slowly working my way through the pennant numbers but textures aren't my favourite task in modelling and i'm busy at work now.....so it will be weeks before I get round to doing a CVA-16 (the anomalies in the model being my priority) - so i'm putting a shout out to some of the excellent texture artists out there....anyone interested in redoing the island and deck for CVA-16 if I provide the textures?

Drop me a PM if you are - i'll then add them to the model config and convert them to the source format for Lex for his model.

There's a couple of forum threads running on the Essex topic so i'm going to post back on my main (shipyard) thread next steps for Essex so that i'm looking in one place. .

Best
    Gary
    I'd be happy to take a look at it.

A Simple Conversion

Here is a photo of the USS Antietam, CVT-36 the carrier quals carrier for NAS Corpus Christi before Lexington took over. I changed with his permission, Gary's angle deck Lex AVT-16 since he didn't bury the hull number into the model but thankfully made it a texture I changed in Photoshop. I used the photo below.

It was not a large photo so I went looking for another and found this one

I noticed that Gary's Lexington no longer has the 5/38 twins on the flightdeck which Antietam still does in 1961 which is her last training cruise. I hope to get that fixed in the future through help here. The interesting thing though that sent me on a 3 day internet search collecting materials which are really sparse for the A1-H Skyraider "TRAINERS" on the fantail. At first I thought they were T28C Trojans until I enlarged the photo. Well, there are no photos I found at all of the Skyraider trainers so I studied these blurry aircraft, used my U.S. Navy BuAer directives for 1961 and using Tim "Piglet" Conrad's A1-H and his paintkit, here are the results. I came across by accident and saved the Naval Aeronautical Organization OPNAV NOTICE 05400 for Fiscal Year 1961 dated 1 July 1960 that shows tons of information. Among the squadrons that are the responsibility of NAS Corpus Christi include...VT-30 with 29 AD Skyraiders. So my Skyraider here is one of the 29.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USS Antietam CV36 Angle Deck from the air 2.jpg   USS_Antietam_(CVS-36)_operating_training_aircraft_on_19_April_1961_(KN-4834) (1).jpg   Topdown A1-H VT30.jpg  

USS Antietam

It has its own thread. Check it out.

Members who have read this thread: 1