Boeing B17D Fortress FS9.zip

Thread: Boeing B17D Fortress FS9.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: A new model of an early Boeing B17D Flying Fortress for FS9

Two textures, an early unpainted and a war period olive drab.

Shessi

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Boeing B17D Fortress FS9.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

B-17D By Mr Shessi

Finally a wonderful B-17D for FS9. The author did a great job and my thanks to him and the
    team that worked with him. The B-17C and B-17D were almost the same but for mods done
    to the gun stations cowl flaps, and I think the main flaps I think. This B-17D was used in the
    1943 movie Air Force that was nick named "Mary Ann" which was a real B-17D.

Salute

Casey

My apologies if this is user error, but I can't seem to start the thing. Even with the Ctrl+E shortcut.

I start the sim by using the C172 and going to where I would like to fly out of. I then shut the engine down before changing aircraft to what I would like to fly to go through the start procedure.

After switching to the B-17D, I can't start the engines.

Mixtures and props are full forward, and I have the battery, mags, etc. all in the proper settings.

I then switched to the C172 and started the engine. I then went back to the B-17D with the engines running, and no issues. The engines run without any issues.

If I shut the engines down, however, I can't get them back on. This happens when I shut the engines down with both mixture and with the mags. I hear the sound of the engine cranking, but the props don't turn at all. They don't even try to spin.

I checked the aircraft.cfg file for the "normalized starter torque" entry and changed it to the C172 and DC-3 standard of 0.03 instead of the supplied 0.035 to see if that would help, but no dice either.

Copied over an air file from the JBK 307 and used that one in the "sim=" line to test out, but again nothing. It flew fine when I switched with the engines running, but couldn't get the engines started after I shut them down.

No matter what I can come up with, I can't seem to start the engines after they're shut down or if I start dark and cold.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Windows 7; 64-bit system in GW3 as well as FS9 regular if this helps.

Regards,

Jorge

Hi, no, not what I would call operator error. I had the same issue, but in the aircraft.cfg file in the [piston-engine] section I bumped the power_scalar= value from 0.50 to 1.00. Try that.....

Thank you!

I changed the value as you said and it worked wonderfully!

This is truly one of the best B-17's I've run across, and a wonderful addition to the many types of "Fortress" that are out there!

Jorge

Thanks Mark!

Curiously, I don't see it on the download page fine days after it was released. I got it from the link in the post. Anyway, I got it, but I wonder if other folks aren't seeing it too.

So "Mary Ann" in "Air Force" was a D? We'll see if the Mary Ann skin I painted for the C model will fit this one. I expect that it will. I hope so.

Mick, this is a retro-thread. Some new posts, but originally from 2019, has it really been that long Shessi, time flies.

Ah ha!

I seem to have had a senior moment. (Too many of those lately!)

I saw the "February" in the post's heading and failed to notice that the 14th hasn't arrived yet or that the year was 2019.

Sure enough, I have the D model sitting in the WW2 hangar on my Hangar drive, with the Mary Ann skin on it.

Icon5

Ha ha ha...back to the future Mick??

Jamie, tempus fugit...or should I say Covid tempus fugit!

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Ha ha ha...back to the future Mick??

Jamie, tempus fugit...or should I say Covid tempus fugit!

Shessi

You might be onto something. I feel like I'm that far behind on some current projects.

Members who have read this thread: 1