Nikon Z 7

Thread: Nikon Z 7

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Nikon Z 7

After a trip to Costa Rica where I hiked carrying 25 lbs of camera gear all week, I ordered a Nikon Z 7 upon return. I love the camera. It has been like rediscovering photography. Its size and weight are a dream after dragging around the D4 and D810. I got it with the kit 24-70 f/4 lens and have preordered the 14-30 f/4. The FTZ adapter allows me to use my F-mount lenses. The built-in stabilization (IBIS) give VR to older non VR lenses like my old 50mm f/1.8 D.

If you are considering this camera, I highly recommend it. Here are a few shots taken with the camera over the last month. All are with the 24-70 kit lens except for the hawk. That was with the Nikon 80-400. The flowers were taken as a test of the built-in focus stacking. That is something like 30 shots stacked in Photoshop. I just had to focus on the leading edge and push the shutter. The camera did the rest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Imature.jpg   Focus-stacking-Test1.jpg   Acadian-Village-Chapel.jpg  
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0