The SSW Tornado and the XDrive switches

Thread: The SSW Tornado and the XDrive switches

The SSW Tornado and the XDrive switches

Hi all,

Again I would just need some confirmation from you, just to ensure I'm not doing anything wrong.

In P3Dv4, using the SSW Tornado, trying to start it from cold&dark, following the checklist.
    One of the steps tells to set the X-Drive switches to normal for both engines. I couldn't locate the switches at first, so I just continue the checklist.
    => The engine start switch would not move.

Later on, I realized the X-Drive switches are masked by some red switch cover, which are impossible to move. I can click the switches, but I cannot see their position (label doesn't tell it). Nevertheless, after clicking these switches once each, the engine starter button can finally move left and right, so I can start my engines successfully.

Did I miss a step here ? Is there a way to remove/pull up the switches covers to see the switches ?

Is there anybody using the SimSkunkWorks Tornado ?

I don't own the P3D-version (I have the FSX-version). Could it be that the switches you're describring are the low pressure fuel cocks (LP cocks) on the left front panel? I don't believe you have to touch those (at least not in the FSX-version). The X-drive switch is located just in front of the throttle quadrant (to the right) and isn't covered by a red cover guard. YoYo did a YT-video showing the start-up sequence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEU2dPCPNc4.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Indeed, I just saw the video and his starter switch moves right away.
    The fuel mixture and engine RPM levers are set to zero in my default flight, so you might be right about the fuel cock thing. The swith labels however, tell these switches are XDrive related though...

Members who have read this thread: 0