Dino's Tomcat and the Mach cone in multiplayer

Thread: Dino's Tomcat and the Mach cone in multiplayer

Dino's Tomcat and the Mach cone in multiplayer

Hi all,

I would just need a small advice.
    Yesterday we made a multiplayer flight, and for some reason, all Tomcats on my screen were constantly showing the Mach condensation cone around them, including when stopped on the tarmac.
    We were using FFS2Play, with Dino's Tomcat. We were 4 pilots, 3 with P3Dv4, one with FSX.

Does anybody know what I did wrong ? Other players would only see it sporadically, from what I heard...

broken mach meter?

Is there anything that could impact the Mach meter ?
    The problem happened right from the start of the flight, when I was starting the engines at the parking...

What method are you doing the multi-player connection?

This sounds similar to the "smoke" issue that affected the SWS phantoms when running MP through JoinFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Hi all,

I would just need a small advice.
    Yesterday we made a multiplayer flight, and for some reason, all Tomcats on my screen were constantly showing the Mach condensation cone around them, including when stopped on the tarmac.
    We were using FFS2Play, with Dino's Tomcat. We were 4 pilots, 3 with P3Dv4, one with FSX.

Does anybody know what I did wrong ? Other players would only see it sporadically, from what I heard...
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

We were using FFS2Play, which is an alternative to JoinFS, but works in a similar way.

The thing is, I cannot remember if we ever used the Tomcat with that software in the past or not... because we were using JoinFS before, but we had to stop because it was giving excessive banking angles and angles of attack to the other players planes...

Members who have read this thread: 0