Geo Stat Orbit sceneries V2.1 for the Jupiter2.zip
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geo Stat Orbit sceneries V2.1 for the Jupiter2.zip

Geo Stat Orbit sceneries V2.1 for the Jupiter2.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Scenery

Description: This FSX scenery package is a rework of the original Pendercrafts Deep Space scenery for FS2004.
    Besides compatibility with FSX, it adds a lot of new features.

It contains some 25 (land-able) scenery items in space (between 600.000 and 4.000.000 feet), positioned all over the globe.

Intended for use with the FSX Jupiter2 aircraft: file rcbj2-10.zip

Note: since a few sceneries have been added since the Beta, this scenery package also included some updates for the Jupiter2.

This release V2.1 completely replaces the beta version: file rcbgso10.zip

See the included README's for installation, credits, background, etc …

Created and designed by Carl Reddin.

Uploaded by Rob Barendregt

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Geo Stat Orbit sceneries V2.1 for the Jupiter2.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Members +
    Wow... Will it work in FS2004?

No. FS2004 has an altitude limit of about 100,000 ft. With Rob's modification of the Jupiter 2, FSX sp1-2 acceleration will fly out to about 8,000,000 feet. Rich Taylor may have a copy of the original FS2004 release on his face book page. I think his user name here at SOH is Warhawk1130. I lost my copies of the FS2004 release to a failed hard drive.

Carlton

Members +
    Thanks, for the quick reply.
    I’m using FS2004, & I have a separate Space install,with Pendercraft’ s ‘ships.
    I’m using Glenda Pendergraft’s Deep Spacescenery & a bunch load of other space craft that I've found.

Such a pity. I would have enjoyed this, & an updated Jupiter.

Regards,
    Robin

If you are using the Glenda Pendergraft Deep Space package you have the original 2004 release. I have posted a few short videos from the new release on YouTube if interested my channel name is Carlton Reddin. As a developer I do not get much flight time What is the separate space install?

Carlton

Members +
    Hi Carlton, I'm using5th Dimension, GPD_F & W, Hoth, Moonbase, & keeping to the theme, LunarPilot_Spceville sceneries, with as many spaceships that I could find, even a Firefly.

It's been great fun so far, & a pity that FS2004 space add-ons have been 'grounded'. Thanks for your work.

Regards,
    Robin.

Robin
    As I said I get little flight time. Are all of the mentioned scenery packages under the 100,000 altitude limit as with the original Deep Space for 2004? Are you running any of the Pendercrafts L.I.S.crash site scenery packages?
    I had to buy a copy of FSX sp1-2 acceleration just to work on the project, found it on ebay for under 30 dollars U.S.

Carlton

To confirm:

the FSX versions of the Jupiter2 and the SpacePod requires FSX-Acceleration (also included in the GoldEdition) or FSX-SteamEdition.
    Won't run properly on FSX-SP1 or FSX-SP2.

For FS2004 (FS9) you need to run the old packages (aircraft' and sceneries) ; they won't be updated with new functionality.

Rob

Members +
    Thanks, Rob.
    Can you confirm links for the Fs2004 stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Thanks, Rob.
    Can you confirm links for the Fs2004 stuff?
    Not really, other then those was posted in this thread (a.o. by yourself ? )

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...iter-2-for-fsx

Rob

Members +
    Thanks, Rob, I forgot about that.

Pity nothing else for FS2004.

Robin
    The Irwin Allen memorial and dustball scenery items from the FSX package should work in FS 2004. All are set at low altitude. Just have to copy the .bgl files into your FS2004 Deep space Scenery folder. I am posting from my phone from my real world job so I cannot give a complete set of .bgl names. I will post a list later when I get home. For now try looking for .bgls with IAM and IAM_spn, dustball, scenery j2, in the title. The textures I think are all ready in the deep space texture folder...I think. If you are missing textures the item will appear solid black.
    Carl

Robin

I got off work early, here are the file names to move into your copy of the 2004 Deep Space

Download and un zip the Fsx Geo Stat Orbit zip file. Open the Scenery folder, Copy the following files into the Scenery folder in your Deep Space Scenery folder.

MLP_Spn.BGL
    MLP.BGL
    GPD_Dustball.BGL Rename this one, there is already a .bgl with this name in your folder
    J2.BGL

You are also missing 2 textures

J2_scnry.bmp
    J2_scnry_lm.bmp

Open the Geo Stat Orbit folder then the texture folder inside copy the 2 textures into your Deep Space texture folder.
    When you start the sim go to create a flight, selected location, in the Country/Region drop down scroll down to Geo Stationary Orbit Click on Irwan Allen Memorial you should spawn in the center of the landing pad. Landing pad sitting 5000 feet alt. off the coast of Los Angeles

Carl

Members +
    Sorted, I dropped the MLP.bgl, MLP_Spn.bgl & the J2.bgl into Scenery/World/Scenery
    I renamed GPD_Dustball.bgl to GPD_Dustball1.bgl & also put it into that folder.

The 2x J2 bmp files I put into Addon Scenery\Texture

All seems good.

Thanks
    Robin

Robin

If you want I will generate the 2 new scenery items from the new release for use in 2004. Pick a couple of different locations and provide Latitude and Longitude approximate altitude wherever you want inside the GPDS star globe. I will upload it as a add on for the few who do have the GPDS package. Those who do not have the GPDS package may want to have a couple of elevated antarctic ocean landing...uhh heli pads?

The Agri Station is massive, much larger than the Astar Station globes which are used as the core of the new Agri station in FSX.

Carlton

Members +
    Thanks, Carlton, any random spot will be great.

This is what I was beta testing for the late Garry Smith..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New-Death-Star-8.jpg   New-Death-Star-6.jpg   New-Death-Star-10.jpg   New-Death-Star-3.jpg  

Robin

Nice I wish I had time to try it out.

I found enough of the GPDS files to get the locations. My Jupiter 2 for 2004 will not fly, just sits on the pad at full throttle, I do not know whats up with that. Will you flight test the betas for me, I assume you have a flying 2004 Jupiter 2 in your hanger?

Carlton

Members +
    With pleasure, you can PM me anytime.

Members +
    I've just had a look, I do have both gpd_space_fw.zip & gpd_s_dw.zip installed, & both zip files in my library! as well as the Jupiter & the others.

Regards,
    Robin

Robin

I am not sure how the PM system works, I think I have your email though. If that is O.K.

Carlton

Members +
    Sure, anytime at all.

Regards,
    Robin

Robin

I checked the post last night from my phone. I was not able to get to your PM. It did not come up this morning when I logged on with my computer. Could you you try re sending it? Thank you.

Carl

Robin
    Yes I already have that addy. I just sent the first beta to you.

Carl

Morning Robiin

Did you recieve the beta? Any comments?

Carlton

Members who have read this thread: 0