Helicopters

Thread: Helicopters

Helicopters

Hey all tried the default helicopter yesterday,i have cyclic ,anti torque peddles ,but no collective nor throttle. what would they normally be assigned to?..and can the throttle be separate from the collective? i never could figure it out in FSX and never even bothered in P3D

i have all saitek controls save the desktop aviator trim wheel ( which i love so far,it works out of the box where my saitek cessna trim wheel only worked for about a week in P3D,ive also got three saitek throttle quads,just the third one doesnt have but two working..the third is super glued shut.

Never got into all the fancy stuff you have so I'm lost when you start talkin' all that, lol. I have a twist grip joystick and a single CH Pro Throttle and off I go. I will tell you that I had to get used to the way the Collective (throttle?) works. In FSX I would push forward but in X-Plane it's reversed. I have to remember to start out with the CH throttle in what would normally be "full throttle" and then to gain lift I would pull back on the throttle. I still get confused at times and have to correct before I drop out of the sky.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Watch this video

"Remember, all you have to do is ask."

David, this is an X-Plane thread.

Dave:
    Throttle is throttle regardless of airplane or helicopter. If a throttle slider is to be used as collective, the controller layout has to be remapped accordingly. Switching between layouts is a piece of cake in XP due to its joystick and keyboard control layout.

but can the throttle and collective be separated? in a real thing,you set your throttle speed to the needed setting.then use the collective to change the pitch of the blades.can this be done?..and up front i admit i havent looked at it much,still trying to get my head around the visuals of the sim itself,,i just hate flat open airfields..lol

thanks,i hadnt spotted the collective at that point,got it now.

Members who have read this thread: 0