Saved flight plans

Thread: Saved flight plans

Saved flight plans

I've been trying to locate where in FSX/P3D are the flight plans located and what file extension are they?

Thanks

They are in the C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files directory where XXXX is your user name and they have .PLN as the extension.

They are XML files that are readable

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    They are in the C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files directory where XXXX is your user name and they have .PLN as the extension.

They are XML files that are readable

Dave

Does that apply to AI Flight Plans too?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Does that apply to AI Flight Plans too?
    Negative grey eagle

AI flight plans will be found in FSX/ scenery/ world/ scenery where they are stored a .bgls. You can create them and put them anywhere you want - Addonscenery folder for instance. That way you can tick/ un-tick them in the scenery library to activate them individually, whatever.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Negative grey eagle

AI flight plans will be found in FSX/ scenery/ world/ scenery where they are stored a .bgls. You can create them and put them anywhere you want - Addonscenery folder for instance. That way you can tick/ un-tick them in the scenery library to activate them individually, whatever.
    Thanks for the info. I upgraded computers and to WIN 10 as well, had reinstalled an AI aircraft and I see it is on the tools explorer flight plan, just didn't remember where that flight plan was
    stored.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks for the info. I upgraded computers and to WIN 10 as well, had reinstalled an AI aircraft and I see it is on the tools explorer flight plan, just didn't remember where that flight plan was
    stored.
    When it is an add-on ai aircraft with flightplans, it will be wherever the installer put it, if an installer was used, which may be the default location pointed to by ganter, (FSX/scenery/world/scenery,) as a .bgl, or it could be in a add-on scenery's scenery folder. In this case the scenery would have usually come with the aircraft, and the install instructions would usually tell you where it puts it.

I always keep all my instructions, and the original zip file my sceneries and aircraft come in, for quick reference of just this kind of question.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0