Weapon xml - meanings?

Thread: Weapon xml - meanings?

Weapon xml - meanings?

Hi, I was wondering if someone could explain/confirm what the weapon xml attributes mean please?

As an example:

<Weapon WeaponType="bullet" ImpactDice="1" ImpactDieSize="1" ImpactOffset="4.03" BlastDice="1" BlastDieSize="1" BlastOffset="1" FireDice="1" FireDieSize="1" FireOffset="2" ExplodeEffect="fx_bltpln_s" GroundEffect="fx_bltgnd_s" AirEffect="fx_bltpln_s" WaterEffect="fx_bltwtr_s"/>

Weapon Type - I'm guessing this has a role in other effects where it will define which effect is run?

Impact dice - the number of dice rolled at impact? I read someonewhere that this should always be '1'

ImpactDieSize - Am I right that this is rolled to see if the hit counts for damage? So if you always want damage applied on every hit on a damage box you should use 1?

ImpactOffset - Really keen to know this, is it simply the ammount of damage?

Blast values, same meanings as impact but for explosive damage on a radius: So cannon would have a value here, 'normal bullets' would just have 1

Fire values, as above. If my understanding so far is correct, is it possible to set a fireDieSize value of more than 1 to create the effect of 1 in 10 rounds being an incendiary for example?

The effects I assume are hit effects in air, ground and water that are detailed in the effects file?

Thanks for any help.

You'll find these in the Aircraft, Vehicle and Building SDK for CFS3, Damage Profile System documentation. The sdk is hosted on the Library here at SOH, see the sticky thread listed above.

Combat Flight Simulator 3 - Patches and SDKs

Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWH View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could explain/confirm what the weapon xml attributes mean please? Thanks for any help.
    Hi ChiefWH, what Hairyspin says! Also a few comments embedded in your questions below:

As an example:

<Weapon WeaponType="bullet" ImpactDice="1" ImpactDieSize="1" ImpactOffset="4.03" BlastDice="1" BlastDieSize="1" BlastOffset="1" FireDice="1" FireDieSize="1" FireOffset="2" ExplodeEffect="fx_bltpln_s" GroundEffect="fx_bltgnd_s" AirEffect="fx_bltpln_s" WaterEffect="fx_bltwtr_s"/>

Weapon Type - I'm guessing this has a role in other effects where it will define which effect is run? If you look at some MG/Cannon rounds, you will notice that bullets have weapon type "bullet", and cannon have weapon type "shell" (as do larger calibre shells).

Blast values, same meanings as impact but for explosive damage on a radius: So cannon would have a value here, 'normal bullets' would just have 1. As you imply, looking at values across stock and Av History weapons will give you a sense of relative values.

The effects I assume are hit effects in air, ground and water that are detailed in the effects file? The one that interests me these days is the AirEffect as you say this links to the effects.xml and gives you hit effects on aircraft.

I've played around with tank shells of 75mm - 88mm calibre. It seems to me they would not have big explosions when they hit the ground so I've tweaked some weapons (GroundEffect and ExplosionEffect effects called) so there is a gout of debris and not much of a flash when a tank round hits the ground. Needs a lot more tweaking to get something I'm really happy with.

Thank you, I've got the document now and will have a read. Spent ages trying to find this through internet searches with no luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0