Anyone tried the RAZBAM Harrier in P3d V4? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tried the RAZBAM Harrier in P3d V4?

Time to go to work! This is great news.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Does the load manager work ?

Weapons management and functionality, fuel, some gauges and other aspects are all dependent on the 32 bit Razbam RZAV8BCM.dll for functionality, which of course doesn't work in P3Dv4.
    The above gives VTOL and improves handling, but without a 64 bit dll, the above functionalities are all somewhat limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    The man above is a genius who has made the Razbam Harrier GR7/9 the finest VTOL aircraft in P3D v4 and everything below that.
    What makes it the "finest VTOL in P3Dv4" exactly?
    The fact that its systems, fuel and payload management don't work at all is a serious handicap, isn't it ?
    I wouldn't call that model "finest" at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    What makes it the "finest VTOL in P3Dv4" exactly?
    The fact that its systems, fuel and payload management don't work at all is a serious handicap, isn't it ?
    I wouldn't call that model "finest" at all...

You haven't flown it with the mods.

The fuel system works fine, the payload manager works just fine. Weapons release is being worked on as we speak. All the instruments work except engine panel and flaps settings display - but if you fly the Harrier you don't need to see those to know if you're getting things right; "Balancing an elephant on a needle in the hover, etc."

I don't know why you're being negative about it - earlier in the thread you simply stated that the SSW Harrier was the ONLY option. BS - the SSW has never been an option for me because it freezes my sim 5-10 minutes - EVERY time I try and fly the damn thing. It remains permanently scrapped out the back of my virtual hangar.

Personally I am filled with joy at the dedication and hard work put in to making this old aeroplane in to a champ. It's always been one hell of a looker - now it's one hell of a flyer.

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

has anyone made up a download of all the needed files for the Razbam Harrier or is it an Easter egg hunt and hope process ?

Easter egg hunt. And I'm not sure I found a golden egg cuz after locating and setting up the Harrier with the requisite dll and XML files, I've got issues.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Easter egg hunt. And I'm not sure I found a golden egg cuz after locating and setting up the Harrier with the requisite dll and XML files, I've got issues.
    That's rubbish - and you know it. You have not and do not, have access to the files that have fixed the Razbam Harrier for P3D v4.

The fixes for this are strictly the domain of a couple of us who have been posting. You have absolutely not tried them out and therefore, have no right to make any judgement or criticism of them.

What you have been doing with your own experimentation should, and must remain your own thaaaaing.

You could of course....just ask politely...

To fly the Harrier takes character.

Do you have it?
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

I scoured the internet and located copies of the two XML gauges Gary named in earlier in this thread. I applied the indicated changes to the aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg (even fixed the sound gauge while I was in there). With these mods, I had issues. (Both throttle position and prop pitch fighting to aim the nozzles, to name one.)

If there are modifications required to these gauges, or additional changes required that have not been disclosed, then share them, or stop wasting everybody's time.
    Last edited by odourboy; February 1st, 2019 at 16:48.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Oh my, you got me Jim. Now, can we get back on topic.

Here are the XML gauges I found and tried in the panel.cfg. I can't confirm they are correct because I'm still having a few issues with the Harrier.

I've been following this thread with interest as if like to get the GR7/9 working correctly in v4. As I'm away from home at the moment I haven't had the chance to try any of the above edits, but it did read as though all that was needed was what had been posted so far, and no mention of other, so far, secret modifications. If you would be willing to share these, or provide information on what needs to be changed, it works be most appreciated.
    Thanks.

I went through the various .cfg changes and added the files. I now have the RazBam Harrier flying in P3Dv4. Flight testing has not gone too far yet so I do not know if hover is possible. The one serious issue I have noticed is that anything to do with FLIR that I have touched (Shift-3, select FLIR on the MPD) has crashed P3D to desktop. If anyone has any suggestions to fix the FLIR issue, please share. If anyone wants the RCB files, PM me and I will provide them.
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    I went through the various .cfg changes and added the files. I now have the RazBam Harrier flying in P3Dv4. Flight testing has not gone too far yet so I do not know if hover is possible. The one serious issue I have noticed is that anything to do with FLIR that I have touched (Shift-3, select FLIR on the MPD) has crashed P3D to desktop. If anyone has any suggestions to fix the FLIR issue, please share. If anyone wants the RCB files, PM me and I will provide them.
    Yep, FLIR will crash P3D with this at the moment. Knock it out of the panel.cfg for now. Fix is being sought.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Oh my, you got me Jim. Now, can we get back on topic.

Here are the XML gauges I found and tried in the panel.cfg. I can't confirm they are correct because I'm still having a few issues with the Harrier.
    I wish people would respect the copyright and distribution restriction texts that are all over my README's and in the VSTOL gauges themselves.
    I don't have a problem with people sharing them in private (or make modifications for personal use), but please don't upload them in a public forum.
    For all kinds of reasons.

By the way: the VSTOL gauge you attached certainly won't work in the Razbam Harrier, since this gauge was made specifically for the MV22B Osprey !

As a general note to everyone:

I have promissed myself to never publically make statements on what I think is the "best" VSTOL/STOVL solution/implementation for a Harrier. And I won't start now.
    Razbam chose a different solution to simulate VSTOL then I did for Harriers (and many other VSTOL_capable aircraft) like the Wilco HJJ and SSW Harrier.
    But I respect anyone's opinion on what works best.

For this reason, I'm not supporting (or comment on) any experiment by users, to try to combine the Razbam Harrier with my VSTOL gauges.
    But IMHO, this will never lead to a good solution.
    Of course I am biassed, because I know exactly what "problems" in the combined flightmodel to look for; VSTOL is a lot more then just taking off / landing vertically.

So: feel free to experiment in private; but don't re-upload my gauges publically.

Regards,

Rob Barendregt

Offending gauge attachment deleted. Good to know why the mods weren't working properly for me. Moving on.

odourboy-

Insulting SOH members is not looked upon fondly here. Please refrain from such language moving forward. Thank you.

I also apologize to Rob if I violated any restrictions on distribution of his .xml files. Sorry Rob, it was never my intent to do that.
    Jay

Can we make these effective changes in FSX? - never mind P3D.

Just to make it fly better using the Rob32 bit version as suppose to to the 64 Bit.

Answers on a postcard. I'm onboard and waiting to ski-jump off the pointy end. Like this fellow.
    Jim

Taking a break from the other sim with the Raz Harrier, and found myself searching here to get the model in P3Dv4+. Was there ever a solution to the VSTOL fixes, I see the links removed and understand. I've got the TMAP mod for weapons ready to go in if I can the jet flying ok. Lost my original AV-8, just purchased the GR7/9 direct from Razbam for $10 US. Initial test to see what works was as expected, somehow landed it (conventional).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Instead of wasting your money buying this Harrier for P3Dv4, in which it doesn't work at all, you should have bought the Harrier from SSW which fully works and has a better flight model...
    If you are still using FSX or P3D up to v3, then it's not a complete waste of money, since you'll definitely be able to fly that Harrier in these sims.
    The RAZBAM Harrier uses 32bits dlls, one of which has to be declared in the DLL.xml of your sim.
    Without it, it won't even fly in VTOL, if I'm not mistaken.

As long as the SSW Harrier has no Royal Air Force model included, it would be waste of money to me. It's a shame that lots of developer currently create one model of a serial and that's it. Still some time ago, developer create single seater, trainer or any other different kinds of models (let's hear it for the freeware developer particularly...). Those days, you got F-16 in all versions, A-4, F-104 Starfighter, Hunters, Canberras, Harriers, Lightnings etc etc....
    It's better to fly the GR7 conventionally and change into the UKMIL T-10 for example (that does the VTOL without any problems in v4 btw) because I for one like the change .

Oh, that said: Did anybody try the UKMIL vectoring in the RAZBAM maybe? That would be interesting...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Thanks Daube, guess I'll just go back to flying it in DCS. I have the SSW as well, just never brought it over to P3Dv4 and have to dig around for it on my drive. I read up on the Wilco GR3, but that VC looks dated. I go through these little phases of seeing a vid (watched Aircrew Interviews) or reading a book about a particular aircraft and then try to fly it in the sim, especially one as iconic as the Harrier. I get motivated to try to fix some of these issues or figure out MCX, wasting hours of my limited down time with zero progress. Outside of rotors, guess I'll stick to my powered-lift with Maryadi's MV-22.

Manschy, I will give those ideas a try, I kind of like the weirdness look of the T-10 model.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 1