Douglas C-47 - Homage - Continuing the Adventure - Video

Thread: Douglas C-47 - Homage - Continuing the Adventure - Video

Douglas C-47 - Homage - Continuing the Adventure - Video

Hiya People!

This is a continuation of the 'Homage to Ernest K Gann's, 'Fate is the Hunter' story'. See here for Part 1:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/114029-Douglas-C-47-Skytrain-Homage-to-Ernest-K-Gann-Video

In this flight we are departing Goose Bay, Labrador for Narsarsuaq, Greenland using dead reckoning and celestial navigation only.

This is based on Chapter IX - Valhalla and, although different in several ways due to the unpredictability of weather, is quite an adventure.

Here is the video:

Hope you enjoy!
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

Nice, looking forward to watching this tomorrow!

Very enjoyable, since watching your first video I brought Gann's book. I have now read the whole book it was very enjoyable and made me respect the gentlemen who flew these early airliners. I agree that we can only simulate what they actually accomplished. You did a great job bring forth what could actually happen in those days. Thanks for sharing the video and thanks for turning me towards a very enjoyable book. I would have never read the book without your video and that would have been a shame. Books such as these are not known to alot of people now so every bit of information helps thanks for sharing.
    Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Dirt View Post
    Very enjoyable, since watching your first video I brought Gann's book. I have now read the whole book it was very enjoyable and made me respect the gentlemen who flew these early airliners. I agree that we can only simulate what they actually accomplished. You did a great job bring forth what could actually happen in those days. Thanks for sharing the video and thanks for turning me towards a very enjoyable book. I would have never read the book without your video and that would have been a shame. Books such as these are not known to alot of people now so every bit of information helps thanks for sharing.
    Thanks John
    Mission Accomplished!

And thanks for the comments.

Cheers
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

Members who have read this thread: 0