O/T Hurricane Question

Thread: O/T Hurricane Question

O/T Hurricane Question

I found this Hurricane picture in a book I'm currently reading and at first glance it looks like an ordinary Mk.IIC, but if you look closely, there's only one cannon coming out of the leading edge of the wing. It looks too small to be a 40mm, so I'm wondering is it a 20mm, and could it be a Hurricane Mk either with just two 20mm's or with a mix of 20mm's and .303cal's?

Operation Chocolate, I think. Two cannon were sometimes removed to save weight and since these aircraft were to be operating behind enemy lines from a landing ground there was perhaps reason for that. They did the same in the Far East to save weight flying against the Japanese.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

That makes sense, they didn't mention Operation Chocolate by name, but they did write about a temporary base near the Quattara Depression in Libya during the Axis retreat towards Tunisia. Thanks for the info!

Members who have read this thread: 0