2019 RTW Race Official Announcement

Thread: 2019 RTW Race Official Announcement

2019 RTW Race Official Announcement

To all pilots, we are pleased to announce the final running of the Round The World Race. The race will start Feb 15 at approximately 22:00 UTC (subject to change). The route for this race will complete the route started in 2017 from Dubai to Phoenix.

Thanks Eamonn. Time to dust off the race planes!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Going through the hangar now. Checking fuel, oil, coolant, etc.
    I even kicked every tire I could find!

Ready to fire up a plane, glad the Race is on, sad it's the last one. Nothing lasts forever, though.
    It's been a short, but MOST enjoyable run.

NOW: Let's get ready to win!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

"the final running", sigh. BTW, the whitelist on the FSRTW site is a dead link.
    Last edited by MaddogK; January 28th, 2019 at 11:16.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

SOH-CM-2016
    Quote Originally Posted by epwatson View Post
    To all pilots, we are pleased to announce the final running of the Round The World Race. The race will start Feb 15 at approximately 22:00 UTC (subject to change).
    So I'm pleased the race is on, but disappointed this will be its last running. Better make the most of it!

The route for this race will complete the route started in 2017 from Dubai to Phoenix.
    In 2017 the route was Phoenix to Recife, Brazil, and back to Phoenix. In 2018 it was Brazil to Dubai. So unless I'm really confused , I guess we're joining up the 2017 and 2018 routes by flying Dubai to Phoenix.
    Martin (FS RTW Race pilot 2009-19)
    Win7 x64 | MSI X79A-GD65 | Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB

Martin, you are correct, 2017 was a loop, 2018 wasn't. Basically the idea for this one is just to get back to Phoenix since in 2017 we were doing just areas of the world rather than around the entire world.

As for it being the last race, due to waning interest, this will be the last one the executive committee organizes, this doesn't mean that a new race can't be organized by a new group or by someone else. Perhaps an "offline" race or whatever.

Hey all, if you are going to be doing testing, please be sure the new Duenna works for you. This will be the 1st race using the all new Duenna as the old one will not output a map output any longer due to changes within Google.

Please please test it using your racing setup as fixing bugs during race will be incredibly difficult.

Thank you

Always looked forward to the Race every year, sorry this is going to be the last running as we now know it. (Sighhhhhhhhhhhh)
    But, as I do every year, I do some sort of RTW with ever-changing self-imposed rules, [https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...-the-fun-of-it] and I ALWAYS do my "Alaska Trip" every summer from my virtual base in NorCal and just take a "Grand Tour."
    And then again, you never know what else might pop up! [https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...Cross-Country]
    I also have something else I'm planning, but will save that for after the Race.
    As I've said often enough, "What else can I say? I love to fly!"
    Last edited by ponchovilla; January 29th, 2019 at 00:59.
    Fair skies and following winds,

Frank

Hey all, if you are going to be doing testing, please be sure the new Duenna works for you. This will be the 1st race using the all new Duenna as the old one will not output a map output any longer due to changes within Google.Please please test it using your racing setup as fixing bugs during race will be incredibly difficult.Thank you
    DFQ : As my backup machine is still running winXP, is the newest Duenna compatable ? If I'm forced to fall back to my XP machine that I've run 5+ races in the past, will the old duenna be 'legal' to post ?
    MaddogK

What happens when you try to run V2 of the Duenna? What output does it generate? I believe it should not output a map but let me know if it does.

What happens when you try to run V2 of the Duenna? What output does it generate? I believe it should not output a map but let me know if it does.
    I installed the latest duenna on last years machine, but my password doesn't work. How do I recover it, the reset link is 404. Also account creation is also 404.
    Thankfully I found the 2007 email with the PW in it on an old email account. Crisis averted.
    MaddogK

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    I installed the latest duenna on last years machine, but my password doesn't work. How do I recover it, the reset link is 404. Also account creation is also 404.
    Thankfully I found the 2007 email with the PW in it on an old email account. Crisis averted.
    the fs-duenna.com site is still John's baby, I dont have any ability to do much on it at all, perhaps I'll create my own site for Duenna to interface with but for now its what we have. Glad you got logged in though.

Hopefully it works for you.

Just to close the loop on this question, v2 does not generate the map.

Only option I guess is to do something like the attached with the flight analysis.
    I run XP still as a development machine and flight testing/RTWR so v2 is my only recourse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-feb-7-019.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Some inspirational video for the upcoming race. Just squint your eyes and imagine these two F7Fs are baton and wing. What a beautiful monster!

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 0