Latest BETA from GAS - Super Stearman and Duster pack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest BETA from GAS - Super Stearman and Duster pack

Latest BETA from GAS - Super Stearman and Duster pack

Just opening this up as I had to do a reinstall of FSX recently - so much fun.

anyhoo - These are looking terrific.

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

nice to be able to add / remove the cowl and wheel pants...along with the other features of the GUI
    enter..the Sandman

currently testing this package but I wanted to thank Ted aka TuFun for this very nice paint he created for the DEMO version of the Duster...can't wait to see what else the community comes up with for these magnificent Stearman models

enter..the Sandman

Will add/enhance that one once I receive the final release. Square up the screws, specs, grunge, etc. stuff like that!

They did a great job on restoring the Spirit of Artemis after the crash.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I am looking forward to the final release as well - Smoke ON!

enter..the Sandman

Looks nice, but the real Spirit of Artemis does not sport a dorsal fairing. I think it's a good idea to make it removable using the config management panel.

Great site of the adventures of the Spirit of Artemis. Love the dual stack exhaust pipes!

Just notice the nice painted wings underneath.

More pics here...
    http://www.stearman.at/Expeditions.html

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    Looks nice, but the real Spirit of Artemis does not sport a dorsal fairing. I think it's a good idea to make it removable using the config management panel.
    That's a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Great site of the adventures of the Spirit of Artemis. Love the dual stack exhaust pipes!

Just notice the nice painted wings underneath.

More pics here...
    http://www.stearman.at/Expeditions.html

Could not fine acceptable examples that did not look like sh*t when applied so left it out. Others may try in the future. If anyone has a detailed close up example of the figure along the ventral surface of the fuselage and the wings we'll add it otherwise ...................

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Could not fine acceptable examples that did not look like sh*t when applied so left it out. Others may try in the future. If anyone has a detailed close up example of the figure along the ventral surface of the fuselage and the wings we'll add it otherwise ...................
    this one on the fuselage..?
    enter..the Sandman

best I could find of the underside...looks like the wings come together almost to the center line - also that the 'body' of the 'bird' from the image on the the side of the fuselage runs along the center line from just between the gear to a point halfway or so toward the tail of the plane..like the fuselage drawing done in 3D and then rotated to vertical and applied to the underside of the aircraft

enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    best I could find of the underside...looks like the wings come together almost to the center line - also that the 'body' of the 'bird' from the image on the the side of the fuselage runs along the center line from just between the gear to a point halfway or so toward the tail of the plane..like the fuselage drawing done in 3D and then rotated to vertical and applied to the underside of the aircraft

We need almost a straight on view. Of that detail. Even the Xplane repaint left it out. We try to be accurate. That livery take some artistic license on our part. I do think we can update the config manager to allow the headrest and faringto be an option. Thanks guys. Please keep looking

Found with a tag "Spirit of Artemis Stearman artist illustrations.

https://www.illustrationweb.com/in/news/2345/spirit_of_artemis

This one...

I tried every which way when googling stuff. Got to get creative sometimes! Even using the pilot's name helps.

looks like one could just resize it to fit the underside plan view of the model and make a template..or outline it onto the required paint kit components

I'm not a painter of FSX aircraft so I don't know if there is a 3D model viewer that allows you to do that - correct me if I'm wrong
    enter..the Sandman

I like being able to make changes to the appearance of these GAS Stearman beasts..

remove cowling: check
    remove wheel pants: check
    single cockpit: checkity check

enter..the Sandman

That's what I'm talking about! Would love to do the Red Bird I did on the demo with this model.
    Just needs those dual chromed out exhaust pipes from the SP of A bird. I can dream can't I!

If you go to the website of the Artemis bird design and click on the pic you will get a larger image.

Love the color on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Found with a tag "Spirit of Artemis Stearman artist illustrations.

https://www.illustrationweb.com/in/news/2345/spirit_of_artemis

This one...

Genius! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    looks like one could just resize it to fit the underside plan view of the model and make a template..or outline it onto the required paint kit components

I'm not a painter of FSX aircraft so I don't know if there is a 3D model viewer that allows you to do that - correct me if I'm wrong
    Our artist will have no problem and since we’ve added a texture map to the underside of the fuselage this will not. E a problem for him.

Outstanding news on the paint update and the GUI ability to add or remove the ventral headrest/fairing being added..

hadn’t thought of researching additional data/photo’s by using pilot’s names etc..
    well done, Ted
    enter..the Sandman

Working on it. Decal layout complete off to paint for color match and airbrush detail

P.S. Thanks TuFun got your pm.

Release Channels

When the SS&D pack is released will it be through GAS only or across several outlets?
    Prefer to support you folk by direct purchase, but not sure of your marketing strategy.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    When the SS&D pack is released will it be through GAS only or across several outlets?
    Prefer to support you folk by direct purchase, but not sure of your marketing strategy.
    T43
    Providing we can get the last minute details done this week the package will be released first to the SOH community at a discount (price TBD) this upcoming weekend and then it will be available as a direct purchase through our webpage and from various vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    Done. The headrest and dorsal faring now optional through configuration manager

Members who have read this thread: 1