Latest BETA from GAS - Super Stearman and Duster pack - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest BETA from GAS - Super Stearman and Duster pack

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    That's what I'm talking about! Would love to do the Red Bird I did on the demo with this model.
    Just needs those dual chromed out exhaust pipes from the SP of A bird. I can dream can't I!

If you go to the website of the Artemis bird design and click on the pic you will get a larger image.

Love the color on this one...

that IS a beauty...now I'm going to have to build another Guillow Stearman kit.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Providing we can get the last minute details done this week the package will be released first to the SOH community at a discount (price TBD) this upcoming weekend and then it will be available as a direct purchase through our webpage and from various vendors.
    Ok

T43

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    that IS a beauty...now I'm going to have to build another Guillow Stearman kit.
    Yep me too. Built the rubber band model in yellow, I think it was the crop duster version and a large scale control model that came with an aluminum cowl. The days when control line flying was popular. These days electric flight is the way to go.

Sterling model...

This similar to the one my dad built. It was a large model compared to my little duster. Had built a Corsair in that size also.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Working on it. Decal layout complete off to paint for color match and airbrush detail

P.S. Thanks TuFun got your pm.
    Excellent glad I could help!

I tried every which way when googling stuff. Got to get creative sometimes! Even using the pilot's name helps.
    She is very approachable.
    Had a long talk with her at Farnborough

Ttfn

Pete

Yep me too. Built the rubber band model in yellow, I think it was the crop duster version and a large scale control model that came with an aluminum cowl. The days when control line flying was popular. These days electric flight is the way to go.

Sterling model...

This similar to the one my dad built. It was a large model compared to my little duster. Had built a Corsair in that size also.
    That big 'un looks great - is it the Ziroli kit / plans?
    I had built the Sterling one years ago but it didn't survive one of the moves..sadly.
    Didn't know you were a builder but the eye for detail on your paint work now makes perfect sense..
    attached my last effort - Guillows, slightly modified
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Isno4I6.jpg  
    enter..the Sandman

back on topic - I could do this all day long..

enter..the Sandman

That big 'un looks great - is it the Ziroli kit / plans?
    I had built the Sterling one years ago but it didn't survive one of the moves..sadly.
    Didn't know you were a builder but the eye for detail on your paint work now makes perfect sense..
    attached my last effort - Guillows, slightly modified
    Not sure what kit it was. I know it was big and had the metal cowl. My dad had stacks of 2x4's of balsa wood for building scratch models. A lot of carving was done!
    Also built a Rickenbacker Spad rubber band model.

Must have built 100's of plastic models when I was a kid.

all...day..long... "Yeah honey, yard work, got it - be there in a minute!"...lol

enter..the Sandman

back on topic - I could do this all day long..

Beautiful! That's why I like the Waco's with single seat. Sexy lines!

Must have built 100's of plastic models when I was a kid.
    lol - here too - shelves full of them back when...now it's just balsa.
    enter..the Sandman

The Super Stearman, as modeled by GAS is a powerful beast. Really fun to throw around the virtual sky.

So far I have not seen anything to squawk back to the factory rep about...maybe an eyelash here or there but nothing significant, at least that I can see.

On to the Duster release candidate and the float equipped models to see what's what.
    enter..the Sandman

lol - here too - shelves full of them back when...now it's just balsa.
    Still have a box in storage of several plastic models never built (1980's).

Still have a box in storage of several plastic models never built (1980's).
    some of them could fetch a nice price, as you know from visiting oldmodelkits.com

meanwhile...this is some kinda nice - A Very Dusty Duster

or two
    enter..the Sandman

Beta Tester?

some of them could fetch a nice price, as you know from visiting oldmodelkits.com

meanwhile...this is some kinda nice - A Very Dusty Duster

or two
    I may have missed it earlier, but are you an SS&D Beta Tester & if so are the various liveries you are showing going to be in the commercial release?
    T43

This thread has become somewhat mixed with discussions about paint schemes for the freeware and what is in beta testing. Anything shown by TuFun is not in the beta test.

This thread has become somewhat mixed with discussions about paint schemes for the freeware and what is in beta testing. Anything shown by TuFun is not in the beta test.
    Yep, too bad you can't select all the Post "#'s" that speak of repaints and move them to a separate thread leaving this thread for just discussions about the beta testing process.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Yep, too bad you can't select all the Post "#'s" that speak of repaints and move them to a separate thread leaving this thread for just discussions about the beta testing process.
    I agree. Might start a new thread with previews

Looks like very soon?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Sterling model...

Cool, here is my old Stearman rc model.

a thing of BEAUTY, TDR... Does it still exist somewhere I hope?
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 1