FSX/P3D Alphasim F4D Phantom Latest Version

Thread: FSX/P3D Alphasim F4D Phantom Latest Version

FSX/P3D Alphasim F4D Phantom Latest Version

In my travels through the threads on this and related sites, I have come across this beautiful freeware :

This one is the product of many talented designers, painters and developers - Dino Cattaneo, Antonia Dias, Tim Conrad, AlphaSim/Virtavia, Chris Evans, Bob Chicilo, ... just to name a few. There are many versions and updates of both these models and their VC's around at various sites, ...... pack I, pack II, pack III updates etc. - all of which form the basis of a great research project on it's own - one which can last for weeks easily. This just attests to the immense popularity of this aircraft in the sim world.

Fortunately, I have come across one update by David Robles, which based on the upload date, I presume is the latest version (?), containing the various mods/updates along the way in a summary single upload form :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4D-Phantom-zip

I have FSX with SP1 and 2, but not Acceleration. In the 'readme', it states that the aircraft was developed and tested using the FSX SP2 SDK (?), but was designed for the Acceleration pack. There are dozens of files for Effects, Gauges, etc. to copy & paste as part of the install, to add to the confusion. The Sounds are aliased to Dino's F-14 (which I have already downloaded solely for the sake of using it's Sound folder files).

My question is : Has anyone here installed this 'Alpha F4 Phantom reborn' file who has FSX SP1 and 2 ? ... and does it run fine on their setup ?

I don't care to use Tacpack, or military capabilities etc. .... I just want it to fly from point A to point B and have usable autopilot and Garmin for navigation, like most GA aircraft in FSX.

Any feedback/comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you, in advance, for your input.
    Last edited by MZee1960; January 25th, 2019 at 19:51.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 1