Calclassics L1649A and DC-6B Native FSX Models Available!!

Thread: Calclassics L1649A and DC-6B Native FSX Models Available!!

Calclassics L1649A and DC-6B Native FSX Models Available!!

See here: http://calclassic.proboards.com/thre.../fsx-p3d-dc-6b

With Tom's help I got the DC-6B working well in P3Dv4 after swapping out some blurred prop textures and playing with the alpha channel. Otherwise they disappeared altogether at speed.

With the Starliner I cannot get the props to spin more than in start up or shut down motion in flight. None of the tricks used with the DC-6B were of any help. Still, it is fabulous to have these big beasts aloft in 64 bit P3D, even if further tweaks to the model or textures may be needed.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Starliner

I have pretty well completed my install of the Starliner (L-1649 v4). I still have two issues:

1/ When I open the main boarding hatch all I see is a black rectangle where I should see the inside of the cabin (does anyone else see this also?). I must have the interior model in place and do have a full set of textures for all aircraft - so why the problem. Ideas?

2/ I have read the documentation, but still can't figure out how to display the ground equipment (boarding stairs etc.). PLEASE - someone with the answer, put me out of my misery!

To those who are interested: This is a fabulous aircraft! If you are even moderately interested in propliners - run, not walk, and get this version from California Classic Propliners. Manfred - you still have my utmost admiration for bringing this work of art into our hands.

Best regards to all,

Bill

Manfred - you still have my utmost admiration for bringing this work of art into our hands.
    I certainly second that! I think the the GSE won't work with P3D and not sure it all worked in FSX though that was a while back I last tried it.

I have two problems - the props spinning slowly - no blur, and the windshield isn't clear. Otherwise it's a beauty. Just wish someone would now covert the L-749!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi Expat,

You need a file called "glass". It opens up the cockpit (in spot view). I got mine from Tom - but I'll send it to you. Send me a PM.

Do you see what I do when you open the main hatch (left side, aft) with shift +E? I see only a black void where the interior should be.

The Boarding steps are a part of the main model, so they should appear if we knew how to trigger it.

I certainly would not ignore a converted 749, but it is externally identical the the 049 (except for the last several aircraft delivered). There is beautiful 049 available from A2A, so I want one of Manfred's converted (Native) L-1049G's.

Bill

Answers from Tom

If I would have checked my responses earlier on the California Classic Propliners, I would have had the answers earlier (thanks to Tom).

The Boarding stairs is called for when the parking brakes are applied (Ctrl + . ). Does work!

Tom also said that the black in the open boarding hatch is normal (was there from the beginning).

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 0