Avro Tutor texture problems

Thread: Avro Tutor texture problems

Avro Tutor texture problems

Hi. I downloaded the two Avro tutor/trainer files from the library for the FSX version of these birds. Rather than the textures showing in the folders as *.bmp files, they are showing up in the sim as *.$$A files? What is that? There is a manifest of files in the download that shows these are supposed to be bitmaps.

How to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Hi. I downloaded the two Avro tutor/trainer files from the library for the FSX version of these birds. Rather than the textures showing in the folders as *.bmp files, they are showing up in the sim as *.$$A files? What is that? There is a manifest of files in the download that shows these are supposed to be bitmaps.

How to fix?
    Try redownloading. Mine all show up as .bmp files. On the converted versions they are all .dds files
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Try redownloading. Mine all show up as .bmp files. On the converted versions they are all .dds files
    Thanks. I did redownload the Tutor version in the library. Now I do see BMP files, but the models still wont load. The model files appear to be incomplete because there are no interior.mdl files and the model.cfg files are incomplete. This is from the FSX portover file set in the library installed with an executable installer (I wish people wouldnt use those.)

Eric

There's an authorized native version around too!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ive-AVRO-Tutor

No executable installer, just the files converted to native format!

Priller

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks. I did redownload the Tutor version in the library. Now I do see BMP files, but the models still wont load. The model files appear to be incomplete because there are no interior.mdl files and the model.cfg files are incomplete. This is from the FSX portover file set in the library installed with an executable installer (I wish people wouldnt use those.)

Eric
    I think I saw a correction in one of the other threads about not having a correct listing for that. Can't find it now of course!
    Keith

SOH-CM-2022
    The model files appear to be incomplete because there are no interior.mdl files and the model.cfg files are incomplete. This is from the FSX portover file set in the library installed with an executable installer (I wish people wouldnt use those.)

Eric
    As you are using the FSX port-over (note the term port over not conversion) this is normal. This package still has the FS9 compiled models and these don't have the VC split out into a separate model.

There are links to an FSX native conversion of the models.

Gavin

Eric
    Hi go to P3Dv4 fórum/FSX Native Avro Tutor and read post #3 by RobM.
    Regards

Members who have read this thread: 0