Big Announcement from Aeroplane Heaven
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Announcement from Aeroplane Heaven

Big Announcement from Aeroplane Heaven

Yep, both a T-39A and a Series 65 Sabreliner! Am really looking forward to this one (both).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unbelievable...just this past weekend I lamenting the absence of a T-39 in P3D...seriously! Great news to hear, Aeroplane Heaven!

Kent

OMG! I've wanted some more steam gauge biz jets for FS. Hopefully, someone will make an Aerocommander biz jet as well. It's great that they're doing the military version as well.

I know right? I remember refueling many Sabreliners and a few T-39's back in the day and got to ride on a bizjet Sabreliner during a short training flight (practice ILS approaches). I always liked this bird and am so glad to see one finally see the light of day!

Check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_hNMIEdiw&t=7s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I spent many hours peering into a radar scope in the tube of a T-39 (and every so often in the copilot seat). Ahhh, the good old days (or should I say the young days, the old days are now). I would like to have this aircraft in my hangar.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Really looking forward to this one!

Wink

in 1981, I was in college AFROTC. One summer, I got the opportunity to travel "space available" to visit an aunt of mine who lives in Rhode Island. I was trying to get to Hanscom AFB. Well, thats not a hugely busy base, so I hopped around...Dobbins, Warner Robbins, Andrews, Dover, etc trying to get north. On one leg, from Charleston AFB to Andrews AFB, I got to fly on a T-39. Me and some enlisted guy. Well, at Andrews, we are met by some AF ground crew, and I guess, not knowing who was aboard, they roll out a red carpet... then the enlisted guy and me (ROTC puke) step out... you never saw such disappointed faces in your life...

I've liked the T-39 ever since...

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I know right? I remember refueling many Sabreliners and a few T-39's back in the day and got to ride on a bizjet Sabreliner during a short training flight (practice ILS approaches). I always liked this bird and am so glad to see one finally see the light of day!

Check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_hNMIEdiw&t=7s
    I forgot he flew that as one of his display aircraft. I remember seeing him fly all of the time back in the late 80's and early 90's. A couple of my friends got a short ride (car) from him when they were walking back to their tent after the end of the airshow one of the days up at Oshkosh. He really was as nice as you've heard.

Also, until this announcement, I hadn't known that the civvie version and the military version had different wings and flaps.

Since the pics were done, we have now remodelled the cockpit section. More curving required in the windows. It's actually quite a difficult profile to get right in this area as there is only one opening clearview window which is smaller than the other side. The opening system for that window is a nightmare!... We now have a couple of real world Sabreliner drivers on board so things look great for completion, FDs and testing.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Since the pics were done, we have now remodelled the cockpit section. More curving required in the windows. It's actually quite a difficult profile to get right in this area as there is only one opening clearview window which is smaller than the other side. The opening system for that window is a nightmare!... We now have a couple of real world Sabreliner drivers on board so things look great for completion, FDs and testing.
    Great news! BTW, will both versions be sold as a single product or separately? Either way, I'm buy it/them! Also, how's the Caravelle III coming?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This will be a total package with both versions. The Caravelle III modeling is just about done and then it will be taken over by Just Flight for completion.

While the Sabreliner is an 'interesting' choice I'm really hanging out for that Caravelle III so that's good news to me Baz.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

This will be a total package with both versions. The Caravelle III modeling is just about done and then it will be taken over by Just Flight for completion.
    That's great news all the way around. Thank you!

wombat666
    While the Sabreliner is an 'interesting' choice I'm really hanging out for that Caravelle III so that's good news to me Baz.
    Yes Sir, I totally agree!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It starts to look very nice!
    I prefer weaponed military aviation + GA only but who knows!? Few was used in USAF, USN, USMC ; )))

From FB of AH.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

This will be an absolute, first-day buy for me. Love the Sabreliner.

Kent

Hopefully the vc will be complete and to a high standard
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Dont worry, its not CtrlE line .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Oh man, I love that Continental paint scheme. It looks great. Thanks for the previews.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    If you were to pop over to our Facebook pages, you would see plenty of shots of the interior, like these...

Looks good to me
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Holy crap! As in WOW! As in when can I buy it? I am ready now! NC

Not too long NC, we are lucky enough to have the services of a very experienced real world Sabreliner pilot who is going be flight testing and helping us massage the dynamics to get them where we want them. We are learning a lot about the Sabreliner not covered in the usual sources and in particular, that Super Critical Wing.

Not too long NC, we are lucky enough to have the services of a very experienced real world Sabreliner pilot who is going be flight testing and helping us massage the dynamics to get them where we want them. We are learning a lot about the Sabreliner not covered in the usual sources and in particular, that Super Critical Wing.

Is it super critical you get the super critical wing correct or could you wing it?

oh dear....sorry everyone...

Members who have read this thread: 0