P-3c orion us navy

Thread: P-3c orion us navy

P-3c orion us navy

P-3C ORION US NAVY has been renewed for P3D.

https://viperhiro.wordpress.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p-3c_lsrs.jpg  

And we thank you for another fine Orion variation!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

KBT's Lockheed Electra - FSX native model - flies perfectly for me in P3Dv4 so would expect the same with the FSX model P-3. What difference does this latest addition make?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    KBT's Lockheed Electra - FSX native model - flies perfectly for me in P3Dv4 so would expect the same with the FSX model P-3. What difference does this latest addition make?
    The fix for P-3C ORION was done as follows.

Editing for ORION in P3D

1. Change of lighting
    There is no bug where the light source is shifted in P3D, so there is no need to fix it as a model part. Therefore, without applying self-illumination parts that require GMAX, I assigned effect files attached to P3D to CFG using coordinates.

2. Refixed the model again

Propeller spinner size correction.
    Polygon coupling of engine nacelle (weld).
    Changing the shape of the nose part of some models.
    High detail of pilot model.
    Addition of visibility parts in the static state.
    In WP-3D, changes and additions of antennas and external measurement devices are added.
    Abolition of reflection polygon parts (There is reflection setting in P3D)
    Fixed bubble type window glass.

Includes DoorControl Gauges created by Georg Aubele. This gauge makes it easy to move doors, ladders and bomb bays door.

KBT,

Many thanks for your response, these much appreciated updates to your P-3 and your generosity sharing your excellent models over the years with the community which I enjoy frequently.

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thank you, KBT, for the update P-3 modifications! Would you please explain how to make the Chocks appear? You mention in the Readme file a "switch" for it in the VC, but I do not see one. Thanks, NC

Wonderful job on updating the P-3s. Any plans to do the same type of update for your wonderful L-188 Electras?

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Thank you, KBT, for the update P-3 modifications! Would you please explain how to make the Chocks appear? You mention in the Readme file a "switch" for it in the VC, but I do not see one. Thanks, NC
    For the location of the switch that will cause Chocks to appear, press "F10" key and select the mini-panel with the "W" key. There is a switch there. Incidentally it will be effective when the engine is stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Wonderful job on updating the P-3s. Any plans to do the same type of update for your wonderful L-188 Electras?

Kent
    It is possible to update Electra in the same way as P-3. Since Daisuke has GMAX source, it becomes work after having him send it.

Really awesome...one problem. NO sound files are included.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Really awesome...one problem. NO sound files are included.
    The readme.txt explicitly says that you need to install the FSX version first in order to have the sound files. I simply downloaded the FSX version and copied the sound folder into the P-3_P3D_Base folder, then aliased the sound.cfg of the Navy version to it.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    The readme.txt explicitly says that you need to install the FSX version first in order to have the sound files. I simply downloaded the FSX version and copied the sound folder into the P-3_P3D_Base folder, then aliased the sound.cfg of the Navy version to it.
    Oops...I didn't read the directions. The funny thing is, after I posted my post above, I went and downloaded the FSX version and got the sounds from there, and did what you did on my own. Ouch.

Thanks,

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Thank you for explaining.

Hi!

In one of the screenshots of the P-3C, the propeller is feathered. How is this animation accomplished in the simulation? Thank you. Navy Chief

Quote Originally Posted by kbt View Post
    P-3C ORION US NAVY has been renewed for P3D.

https://viperhiro.wordpress.com/

Thank you for doing this. I really like flying the P-3C. Will the EP-3E model be converted too?

The model and textures look absolutely stunning in P3D4. Once again, KBT has done payware quality work!

A few questions: I don't seem to be able to open the 2D mini panel, though the panel.cfg calls for these and bmp textures are there in the panel folder in the P3D "base pack." I do not think the panel issue is because I have not installed the P3D Orion over the the FSX one (i.e., this seems to be suggested just to get the sounds to work - I just copied the sounds folder from the older FSX Orion). I also don't see how to activate smoke. Normally I have this mapped to the "I" key.

It is also a great flyer - off to do some long patrols!

It IS a great flyer, but I've noticed the taxi speed is too fast. Am sure there's a way to reduce it (maybe in aircraft.cfg file?). Still no answer from anyone about feathering the props, where it actually shows the props feathered in animation. NC

The model and textures look absolutely stunning in P3D4. Once again, KBT has done payware quality work!

A few questions: I don't seem to be able to open the 2D mini panel, though the panel.cfg calls for these and bmp textures are there in the panel folder in the P3D "base pack." I do not think the panel issue is because I have not installed the P3D Orion over the the FSX one (i.e., this seems to be suggested just to get the sounds to work - I just copied the sounds folder from the older FSX Orion). I also don't see how to activate smoke. Normally I have this mapped to the "I" key.

It is also a great flyer - off to do some long patrols!

Just had a balmy KVQQ Florida (did you update that scenery a while back NC?) flight around the block, up to about Beaufort, and back in a dusk test flight. This is an awesome flyer + way better than too many payware I regret buying and now collecting dust! The Landing Lights are the best I have ever seen in P3D4! Thank you KBT!

I didn't update it, but another member on SOH did; I think Falcon409 helped, along with someone else. My 66 yr old brain can't recall. KVQQ still needs work. But considering the original, done by John Stinstrom, still looks good. I really wanted a payware quality NAS Cecil Field done (1980s era, which was when I was there), but sadly I don't think it will ever happen. NC

Just had a balmy KVQQ Florida (did you update that scenery a while back NC?) flight around the block, up to about Beaufort, and back in a dusk test flight. This is an awesome flyer + way better than too many payware I regret buying and now collecting dust! The Landing Lights are the best I have ever seen in P3D4! Thank you KBT!

Really impressed by the Shinmaywa, the last of the breed.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0