The Great Australian Car Rally.......

Thread: The Great Australian Car Rally.......

The Great Australian Car Rally.......

Wasn't that great! Unfortunately the organisers decided on quantity over quality so over 1000 cars turned up!
    I'm being rather harsh as it was a fund raiser for Cancer research and wasn't billed as a 'Classic' rally but there was a dearth of really nice vehicles and a shedload of mediocre stuff.
    Then again, it's only a few weeks until the Philip Island Historics are on so my elitist desires will overflow.
    In among the dross were a few nice cars, almost impossible to get decent shots due to the overcrowded parking and the ill mannered (bastard) public......would have been a good event without people!!
    I couldn't get the reflections I was looking for as there was complete high cloud cover which didn't improve my disposition but nothing is perfect.

One of the nicest 'Period' MG restorations present, a 1937 TA.

As always this Benz Cabriolet was a well presented and photogenic.

This 1930 something Alfa Romeo 6C Castagna tourer was exceptional, it had a great patina instead of being over done.

Amazing little car and one that would probably be a blast to drive, the Rootes Supercharger fitted is actually larger than the engine itself.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The pick of the Concours for me was a split decision, this gorgous Speedster?

Or this equally gorgous 1956 300SL Benz?

The venue was at one of the heritage properties that dot the Mornington Peninsula, 'Cruden Farm', once owned by the Murdoch Family (as in Rupert Murdoch!) on a huge acreage.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Some of the best cars were just sitting quietly away from the competition but were outstanding in my eyes.

Just loved this rare Bertone bodied Alfa 2600. The owner drove it in, parked in a shady spot and wandered off!

A La Salle Phaeton from (I think) the mid 1930s was another 'Classic' that had been restored in a sympathetic fashion, unlike anything in Jay Lerno's shed!

While IMHO if I were to own a Mustang it would have to be exactly like this handsome example!

Great pics, thanks for sharing. What sort of camera do you use? I've only poked through a few threads quickly in this forum so sorry if you've maybe mentioned it 20 times in the past!

I use a Pentax K5 which is neither fashionable or new, but it works for me.
    Equally I'm a bit of a Philistine when it comes to lens, I use a trio of Sigmas, again they meet most of my needs.
    At some point soon I'll probably upgrade and that will be to another Pentax.................

Ahhh, I've never met a bad Pentax person. I worked in the photographic industry and met plenty of photo people. Pentax people are generally loyal to their brand, friendly and just care about taking pics. K5 is a great camera. I wouldn't even worry about upgrading. Heck, I still use a Nikon D200 at times. No other reason than I like the images that come out of it. It's completely capable of capturing great images and 10 megapixels is still plenty.

Members who have read this thread: 0