FSX native AVRO Tutor - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FSX native AVRO Tutor

Every time I prepare for this turn in the NGX I draw pretty circles on the ND, and sit very straight, scanning furiously at the rocks and the airspeed... the valley seems MUCH, MUCH smaller than it does now

C

... and now for some Schnapps! All that remains is to tuck her away...

Tschuss- C

Holy spark plug,
    What a wonderful winter landscape you show us here.
    Indeed, the Avro blends very nice with this amazing area.
    Your ideas where you want to fly, are simply great.
    I will also took the plunge and take long undertrousers on
    and up and away through the snowy valleys.
    Have a nice weekend.

Und tschüss . . .

------I------
    (ULI°°)===X
    _ /_ /

Ulrich- so glad this post is bringing you enjoyment. Your conversion of this incredible aeroplane has kept me occupied for hours and hours already. I foresee this one remaining in the hangar. Whilst you're pulling on your longjohns might I offer you yet another destination? This one from one of our very own, and again amazingly- FREEWARE. Vasileios' (Dimus') Locher creation is another brilliant contribution to our hobby. In this case as well, the freeware offering is simply SUPERB.

Let me know if you clear the cables... and THEN I will tell you about my experience This bit of the internet (SOH) is precious- it offers SO MUCH. I remain obliged.

BTW, as an old F3C competitor, your signature line has me curious...?

Best- C

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ulrich, Carl: I'll drink to the great weekend, Gentlemen!

Man, those screenshots/destinations are AWESOME, Carl!!!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by ftl818 View Post
    Are all these beautifull screenshots from P3D v4.3? I tried to install the aircraft with the latest installer. It seems to be installed correctly but I cannot get the aircraft to show. What am I doing wrong?
    Do you have a separate folder set up outside of P3D for your add-ons? I do and the AVROs weren't showing up for me. When I installed them to the main P3D folder, the model started showing up.

With the four links at page 1, I have unzipped the three AVRO (621 Trainer, Tutor and 621) in a separate folder set up outside of P3D for my add-ons.
    All three aircrafts works fine.
    Michel
    Last edited by mpni; February 9th, 2019 at 23:55.

Quote Originally Posted by mpni View Post
    With the four links at page 1, I have unzipped the three AVRO (621 Trainer, Tutor and 621) in a separate folder set up outside of P3D for my add-ons.
    All three aircrafts works fine.
    Michel
    Yes also for me, the first links installed visible aircraft.

Thanks guys!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Every time I prepare for this turn in the NGX I draw pretty circles on the ND, and sit very straight, scanning furiously at the rocks and the airspeed... the valley seems MUCH, MUCH smaller than it does now
    C
    The inevitable question...wich scenery? Just a sugestion but it would nice to have scenery locations on posts . Not used to english pilot jargon what´s the meaning of NGX and ND? Great shots.
    Thanks and best regards

@Beaufighter- This thread references Fly Tampa’s St. Bart’s & Saba. Then Orbx’s Innsbruck and finally Dimus’ freeware Locher- there are references to each, along the way.

NGX = PMDG’s Boeing 737NGx

ND = Navigation Display

HTH- C

Thanks, allways learning...

No worries- glad you are enjoying the thread. Thanks for the kind words.

C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Whilst the model is just superb, the enchantment of the FDE cannot be understated. For the first time since the release of the RealAir Spit and my beloved An-2 in FSX, I pulled out my TrackiR to go blatting around in this absolute angel of the air. A first in Prepar3D... and how immeasurably more wonderful than what FSX was able to portray.

To James Banks, Uncle Milty, Pete Collis and Keith Paine- Bravo Zulu!!

Best- Carl
    Glad you're liking them, we have another 3 variants still to come for you to enjoy

Ttfn

Pete

Pete- you 4 outdid yourselves, and did Nigel's work PROUD! There are SO MANY releases that look great but fall flat on their face in the FDE. This series is SUPERBE EVERYWHERE!

Ta- C

...for those following along, yes, I made it out of Locher and back. Only an idiot would do this in the dead of winter... but the Trolly Dolly already thinks I'm daft... so allest gut!

Shhhhhhhhhhh... if you promise not to tell Sir Nigel, I MAY have exceeded 1800rpms on the initial climb-out. The Armstrong-Siddley Lynx didn't hiccup once and I've made sure there's enough Castor on board for the next flight... wherever that may be!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDRj-ffJDSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP67cLTWCcM

http://www.shuttleworth.org/collection/avrotutor/

Best- C

A couple out of Stapleford, late afternoon.
    T43

Enough of the cold for the moment. I had such a good time in the Caribbean, I went back today. Peek through the flying wires and you can see the tower, and the cruise ships lying at berth at St. Maarten. It's a wet 77 degrees and my next stop St. Barts where there's a Coco-frio to die for!

Best- C

...an absolute Git... I hadn't realized Martin from Fly Tampa had updated the St. Maarten Package months ago. It's even BETTER than ever... and the 3 airport rotation is the PERFECT way to spend an evening in the Tutor... Fly Tampa is among the very best airport developers, and this package is an ABSOLUTE JEWEL! Scenery and aircraft work beautifully together to suspend belief (albeit with a willing participant) .

Best- C

There's Maho twinkling through the wires ahead. The sky is perfect, and at 1000' over the water, we've stopped moving, and the water seems to roll past the wing... one can almost... "reach out and touch the face of God." (Apologies John)

...and THEN THERE WAS SUNLIGHT, breaking through the Lenticulars...

How can one NOT be grateful for all this...?

Best- C

Countless times I have flown in here, first on the VOR DME to 09, and then on the RNAV to 10... BUT NOT TODAY!

Today, we are LOOOOOOW and SLOOOOOOW and will stay out of the way, until SXM Tower fits us in on final at the last possible moment, to minimize the disruption to traffic spacing. Already, the string of pearls are lined up, and I think I can fit in between a Twotter, and the next Jet Blue A321... at least that's the plan...

C

Sure enough, the Twotter sped up, the A321 slowed down and we were neatly slid betwixt the two, to establish on a short final for 10...

There's where I shall spend the night...

...but not before a couple of Sundowners here...

In a couple of days, I'll have to pack up the suntan oil and take a 744 back to Schiphol, but for now I'm staying AWAY from the terminal, courtesy of the nice folks at Win Air who don't mind an old gal tying down for the night...

This Tutor and the Fly Tampa scenery is good enough, where I'll see them in my dreams...

C

Gorgeous screenshots!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Gorgeous screenshots!
    Coming from you John. that's high praise indeed- Ta! Glad your're enjoying... she actually does qualify as a warbird (trainer) if you decide to give her a chance- she won't disappoint!

Best- Carl

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Gorgeous screenshots!
    Yup - I'll second that!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Members who have read this thread: 3