FSX native AVRO Tutor - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FSX native AVRO Tutor

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Ha, that's exactly what i did yesterday.
    I've checked the new published St Barth 1.1 scenery
    with the AVRO and had a lot of fun.
    Two heads one thought.
    Wonder where to find this scenery.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Thanks
    It’s St. Maarten COMPLETE- http://www.flytampa.org/order.html

C

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Ha, that's exactly what i did yesterday.
    I've checked the new published St Barth 1.1 scenery
    with the AVRO and had a lot of fun.
    Two heads one thought.
    I am SO GRATEFUL Ulrich!

This series is in the league of MJ’s C-47- freeware that puts many payware releases to shame- Sir Nigel hath wrought absolute wonder- and you brought it to me- ta!

C

In fact- my gratitude must extend to ALL these people-

Model Designer: Nigel Richards

Textures: Nigel Richards
    Flight Model Design: James Banks, Milton Shupe, Pete Collis, Keith Paine
    Gauges: Roman Stoviak, Nigel Richards, Keith Paine, Microsoft
    Sounds: Nigel Richards
    Special Effects/Gauges: Roman Stoviak

Whilst the model is just superb, the enchantment of the FDE cannot be understated. For the first time since the release of the RealAir Spit and my beloved An-2 in FSX, I pulled out my TrackiR to go blatting around in this absolute angel of the air. A first in Prepar3D... and how immeasurably more wonderful than what FSX was able to portray.

To James Banks, Uncle Milty, Pete Collis and Keith Paine- Bravo Zulu!!

Best- Carl

"Quote It’s St. Maarten COMPLETE-
    http://www.flytampa.org/order.html

C "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Thanks

I found my freeware version at simviation.com under FSX Scenery

St-Barthelemy Island (St Barts), Caribbean V1.1 with slope runway by Nic Neveu

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    In fact- my gratitude must extend to ALL these people-

Model Designer: Nigel Richards

Textures: Nigel Richards
    Flight Model Design: James Banks, Milton Shupe, Pete Collis, Keith Paine
    Gauges: Roman Stoviak, Nigel Richards, Keith Paine, Microsoft
    Sounds: Nigel Richards
    Special Effects/Gauges: Roman Stoviak

Whilst the model is just superb, the enchantment of the FDE cannot be understated. For the first time since the release of the RealAir Spit and my beloved An-2 in FSX, I pulled out my TrackiR to go blatting around in this absolute angel of the air. A first in Prepar3D... and how immeasurably more wonderful than what FSX was able to portray.

To James Banks, Uncle Milty, Pete Collis and Keith Paine- Bravo Zulu!!

Best- Carl
    I'll drink to that awesome team who created a series of flight models for the AVROs that literally took my breath away!!!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries

Meanwhile, tapping away at AVROs for our all FSX Natives...

We're now adding the final touch to the AVRO - PWS-18 :-)

The FS 2004 and port over versions have been ready for sometime now. However, we decided to go Native FSX with this release in order to make the most of the full range of FSX materials and model capabilties.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2019-feb-7-006.jpg   -2019-feb-7-002.jpg   -2019-feb-7-007.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Really great news, looking forward to it !!

A couple of shots West of Berlin.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    However, we decided to go Native FSX with this release in order to make the most of the full range of FSX materials and model capabilties.
    Great news, Nigel! Is there any hope that the compass could be revisited in the near future?

Tonight's Flight... all aglow

There are SO MANY payware releases that look good but fly like the proverbial brick $&*#house. The ONLY reason I keep flying and posting these photos is that she FLIES AS GOOD AS SHE LOOKS! SIMPLY STUNNING!

C

Best- C

The next stop this evening was Saba. This is NOT a TWOTTER, and I'd be lying if I said the 90 degree crosswind that had the sock straight out wasn't a factor. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sweating. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't snatching nervous glances all around- after all- this is were we were planning on LANDING. I've seen a Penny Black bigger!

... and we went around... over and over...

I was peeking out of both sides, slipping sideways, then forward for a bit, sideways again, peeking between the cowl and cylinders, working myself into a froth- AND THAT WAS WHERE I FORGOT I WAS FLYING ELECTRONS- and for a few moments, "slipped the surly bonds of earth". I was very satisfied when I was finally rewarded with-

After I visited the facilities, steadied my nerves and flew back to St. Maarten, I was definitely looking forward to a Hendricks & Tonic at the Sunset Grill on Maho Beach!

Best- C

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    Great news, Nigel! Is there any hope that the compass could be revisited in the near future?
    We've now set the compass up with the correct pointer, if that's what you're pointing out, Alpha Charlie.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    The next stop this evening was Saba. This is NOT a TWOTTER, and I'd be lying if I said the 90 degree crosswind that had the sock straight out wasn't a factor. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sweating. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't snatching nervous glances all around- after all- this is were we were planning on LANDING. I've seen a Penny Black bigger!

... and we went around... over and over...

I was peeking out of both sides, slipping sideways, then forward for a bit, sideways again, peeking between the cowl and cylinders, working myself into a froth- AND THAT WAS WHERE I FORGOT I WAS FLYING ELECTRONS- and for a few moments, "slipped the surly bonds of earth". I was very satisfied when I was finally rewarded with-

After I visited the facilities, steadied my nerves and flew back to St. Maarten, I was definitely looking forward to a Hendricks & Tonic at the Sunset Grill on Maho Beach!

Best- C
    Awesome adventure there, C! Lovin' it!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

The State of Freeware in 2019

I'm just Gobsmacked! This is the FREEWARE Avro Tutor from Nigel Richardson et al, brought to us by Ulrich, idling in front of the FREEWARE Bowerman from Orbx. To think I first wasted hours on an Apple IIc over wireframe mountains and a single river... not so many years (ok, decades) ago. 2019 is shaping up quite nicely indeed. The Shuttleworth Tutor flew over in an An-24, the older brother of my beautiful Annuschka, but she's loving every moment of her Colonial explorations. Now, if only Andy would fly on my wing in his Stearman, we'd be laughing!

Best- C

There's something I forgot to tell you about yesterday. That tiny landing light, in Prepar3D scatters dynamo powered light just so. Peeking along the side of the fuselage for an opportune glimpse of asphalt; and watching the light splay off the REAR of the prop and reflect back into the prop disk and through ambient light cloud in front of the left leading edge of the wing, during twilight is INTOXICATING. The languid reflection and refraction slap as the prop blade arced through the light beam, whilst the engine was ticking over in a side slip towards the postage stamp sized landing strip at SABA, was to blame for AT LEAST TWO of my missed approaches.

At least, that's how I remember it. It's MY story, and I'm sticking to it. The missed approaches couldn't POSSIBLY be attributed to anything else!

C

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??????

Nothing, zip, zilch, nada

C

Here's the sort of approach I favor in these old girls, a long continuous turn from downwind to final.... helps to keep an eye on everything nicely. Those square patterns are for the younger crowd

Constantly adjusting bank and descent allows for establishing short final a bit high (these box kites don't really glide all that well) with the runway nicely in the V...

Just lovely with small corrections all the way down, power fully back with the field assured we stroked onto the asphalt moments later. Watching the oleos spread is a TREAT!. We're not "too slow to fly, and not too young to die" but these carrier approaches work well in this genre of aeroplane.

When's the last time you saw something so beautiful (all married persons should wait for She Who Must Be Obeyed to leave the room BEFORE answering)?

BTW, only one hour separate the Bowerman shots from this one. The PNW in February can be a fickle mistress and while glistening in the impending sunshine 60 minutes earlier, I HAD NO IDEA I’d be sucking seat and scud running

Are all these beautifull screenshots from P3D v4.3? I tried to install the aircraft with the latest installer. It seems to be installed correctly but I cannot get the aircraft to show. What am I doing wrong?

Same advice would be very helpfull.

Paul

Paul-

Prepar3d v4.4.

Use the download links in the FIRST POST of this thread. Just extract to any folder of your choosing and copy the SimObjects to Aircraft and Effects to Effects.

That’s it- ENJOY THIS BIT OF HEAVEN!

HTH- C

Quote Originally Posted by ftl818 View Post
    Are all these beautifull screenshots from P3D v4.3? I tried to install the aircraft with the latest installer. It seems to be installed correctly but I cannot get the aircraft to show. What am I doing wrong?

Same advice would be very helpfull.

Paul
    Paul,
    Download and install manually the four conversions from post#1 of this thread into your P3Dv4 .
    The new Nigel Richards FSX native models, which also working in P3Dv4, are release soon. As far as i know.

Cheers
    Ulrich

Off on a jaunt to Rattenburg and Kuthai... while the Wx is still VFR and ATC is feeling magnanimous.... both will change shortly

For those transitioning... this might help...

...and we're off...

How can you look at this and NOT WANT TO FLY ALONG? The COST OF ADMISSION ON THIS MAGIC CARPET IS EXACTLY $0.00... incredible!

Best- C

You know, despite all the time I have spent in this part of the world, I have never seen Innsbruck like THIS- WOW ORBX! Just wait 'till you see the trains and lifts moving!

I'm normally WAY too busy prepping for the LOC DME arrival, and briefing and calling out DMEs to even notice this stuff. On the way out I'm pitching for altitude- OBLIVIOUS OF THE WONDER BELOW- INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!! It took the TUTOR TO TEACH ME ABOUT THE TYROL

Best- C

Here are some more shots on the way back... low and slow never looks better than it does in the Orbx World, and at Innsbruck, they took it to a wholly different level. This Avro Tutor is an incredible platform for this sort of flying- a chance to really enjoy the passing scenery- it is my hope you enjoy it as well...

C

Members who have read this thread: 3