Paintdotnet tutorial

Thread: Paintdotnet tutorial

Paintdotnet tutorial

Hi all,

I'm looking for a paintdotnet tutorial so I can make custom skins.

Anyone know of a good one to use?

Thanks
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

hi,

Paint.NET is natively not a drawing / painting tool (in its default install stage), I would dare to say. its rather a simple image editor. however it can by widely enhanced with tons of free downloadable plug-ins.

I personally use Paint.NET a lot and my "magic" keys are F5, F7 and F8 there but all my paint art is made with vector editor called Inkscape, as SVG project layered, exported then into finall PNG file. this way I can easy back-edit any line, shadow or whatelse there, always and also export ito any image resolution, oh yeah!

in case you mean just to edit skins or creating specular maps or bumpmaps from existing ones, and/or save the final stuff into DDS files, then Paint.NET is really a pretty good choice. however to paint / create skins from scratch would be bit complicated so I personally would reccommend to use another bitmap paint editor (GIMP, PaintShop Pro, PhotoShop...) or some of the few vector based ones.

anyway how to use Paint.NET just google
    Last edited by BorekS; January 21st, 2019 at 01:49.

Thanks! I've got Gimp so I'll play around with that then.

Thanks! I've got Gimp so I'll play around with that then.

Grover - I use Paint.net and do not think it is too bad, it is a bit bereft of good instructions but basically seems to work pretty good. Have a look at the thread on the FSX forum about aluminium skins/textures they were all done with Paint,net. In fact all my repaints have been done using that program. I also have the GIMP but like lots of these programs, free or payware, you have to invest a lot of time learning the basics about doing skins or painting and there is no shortage of advice and various tutorials (jan Kees has one taking you through the basics).

I guess if you want to go really high class or professional you need to a lot of paints, it is a real learning process and probably if I was really keen I would really get into using GIMP or Photoshop but Paint.net takes care of my needs. You get better as you do more. My early efforts were pretty ordinary but they are improving and quite passable now but the real stumbling block with Paint.net is when it comes to the must do's for most new model, specular, bumps etc here Paint.net is really behind the 8 ball alas.

Members who have read this thread: 0