pc

Thread: pc

pc

hi folks
    im getting a new hard drive and mother board and as I use the pc for fs2004 99% of the time with win 7 I wondered if a worthy soul here could tell me which to buy
    thanks
    greycap

I found a company on Amazon that was good value, thought to myself 'I'm not paying Amazon's mark-up', and went direct.

https://www.awd-it.co.uk

Bought my mobo, CPU and memory from them. If you buy a bundle, they will assemble the parts for you and ship it. That's what I did so the warranty covered the installation of the CPU, etc.

ATB,
    Jamie

PS, anything sold these days should cope with FS9 no problem, although I did notice in PC World they were still selling Celeron based systems (laptop), would probaly swerve them. There is a new Pentium processor, single core with lots of 'ooomph' and a decent price tag IIRC. FS9 doesn't utilise multi-cores so you could invest the money you save on other parts, ie. more RAM if your 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    hi folks
    im getting a new hard drive and mother board and as I use the pc for fs2004 99% of the time with win 7 I wondered if a worthy soul here could tell me which to buy
    thanks
    greycap
    hi again
    I meant what power and memory etc I should use or buy . single core, duel core. and I want to keep using win 7 pro I only very rarely use fsx as I don't like the tower view or the ability to move and raise it . plus the sound is not so good
    thanks again
    greycap

Everyone's expectations are different, but here's what I have that works pretty good. H/P 8710 Pavilion, 450 watt power supply with an older AMD Quad 4 processer. Ati Graphics 2GB PCi Video (Upgraded from the original 1GB integrated), 2TB Solid State drive, (Updated from the original 1TB disc). This machine handles FS9 with all the sliders to the right without any issues.
    I also have a Jetline Solo 900 machine for FSX but it's a BEAST and was a bit pricey. I don't fly the "X" sim too much. My FS9 has so many enhancements, (Scenery upgrades, both payware and freeware as well as additional aircraft). I think my FS9 install is "prettier" than the stock FSX install on the Jetline. JMO...

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Everyone's expectations are different, but here's what I have that works pretty good. H/P 8710 Pavilion, 450 watt power supply with an older AMD Quad 4 processer. Ati Graphics 2GB PCi Video (Upgraded from the original 1GB integrated), 2TB Solid State drive, (Updated from the original 1TB disc). This machine handles FS9 with all the sliders to the right without any issues.
    I also have a Jetline Solo 900 machine for FSX but it's a BEAST and was a bit pricey. I don't fly the "X" sim too much. My FS9 has so many enhancements, (Scenery upgrades, both payware and freeware as well as additional aircraft). I think my FS9 install is "prettier" than the stock FSX install on the Jetline. JMO...

BB686
    hi
    is this the max I need or should I add a bit more power to take care of what the computers doing in the back ground
    thanks very much
    greycap

Members who have read this thread: 0