FSX Native Howard 500 from Milton - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native Howard 500 from Milton

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    My "tweaked" VC. I just need to find where the side walls are coming from so I can update those also.

Ed, you did a nice job with that update.

The sidewalls for the passenger version is cabinwalls2; for the cargo version, aluminum.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Ed, you did a nice job with that update.

The sidewalls for the passenger version is cabinwalls2; for the cargo version, aluminum.
    That's what I thought. I was hoping it was something else though as the change I was going to make (for the MATS livery) was to replace it with the padded "diamond" design soundproofing you see in many Military Cargo Airplanes. Can't do that though because the aluminum covers other areas besides just the walls.

Thanks!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    That's what I thought. I was hoping it was something else though as the change I was going to make (for the MATS livery) was to replace it with the padded "diamond" design soundproofing you see in many Military Cargo Airplanes. Can't do that though because the aluminum covers other areas besides just the walls.

Thanks!
    Ed,

Send that texture to me to use; tell me where it goes; I will remap the interior of the cargo variant to use it properly.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Howard 500 for FSX and P3D - Native FSX

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian Props

Description: FSX Native Howard 500 for FSX and P3D
    by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Joáo Paz, Damian Radice, Nigel Richards, William Ellis, and Willy McCoy

Pkg incl 5 models (Passenger and Cargo - Original Mapping and Revised Tail Mapping), custom panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom Flight Model, and 16 liveries.

Tested in FSXA and P3Dv4 without issues however your appearances of the various liveries may be different based on your options settings.

Optional Paints Available by Web Search by - Tony Radmilovich, Matthew Garraway, Heather, Cha Seung Ho, Gregory W. Hux, and Siegfried Schaeffer, and others.

April 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Howard 500 for FSX and P3D - Native FSX
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

The FSX native Howard 500 is now uploaded and available.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...P3D-Native-FSX
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi, first i want to thank you Milton and your team for making Native model of Howard planes for FSX/P3d. Today i started my first flight using Howard 500, when i press engine start switch in cockpit, plane acts very crazy, it turns around and crashes. Is there any solution for a safe engine start? I use Prepar3d v4.5

Thanks; bumps and specs have been done for all liveries included. I think Wellis has found the perfect balance of exceptional appearance up close while not degrading the appearance at 50'.

TuFun said earlier that the paints were still a WIP. I had them in the package for testing the remapped tail models but removed them when done. I left the aircraft.cfg [fltsim] entries in place as placeholders. The paints look awesome and hopefully he will finish and release them for us.
    Just took a spin in the FSX Howard and it's still an awesome aircraft! Will defiantly upgrade with better graphics.

This one will be first on the list...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    Hi, first i want to thank you Milton and your team for making Native model of Howard planes for FSX/P3d. Today i started my first flight using Howard 500, when i press engine start switch in cockpit, plane acts very crazy, it turns around and crashes. Is there any solution for a safe engine start? I use Prepar3d v4.5
    Toni,

Ensure your prop, mixture and throttle levers are positioned properly, then try starting the left engine first if the right side start repeats the issue.

I have had it happen twice but only when I failed to properly position my prop levers. I always start the right engine first.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Just took a spin in the FSX Howard and it's still an awesome aircraft! Will defiantly upgrade with better graphics.

This one will be first on the list...

Ah, thanks TuFun; that's great to hear.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I've been waiting for this and it was well worth the wait!!! Thanks to everyone involved. Brings back some old memories.....

Toni,

Ensure your prop, mixture and throttle levers are positioned properly, then try starting the left engine first if the right side start repeats the issue.

I have had it happen twice but only when I failed to properly position my prop levers. I always start the right engine first.
    Hi, thank you for your help. That did the trick, engine started perfectly and i made my first flight from KLFT - KMGM and all worked fine.

Oh yes! I think I'm in love. I've got some paint schemes in mind already.

N007E in 1962 at the Howard Aero hanger. (scenery from California Classics 1962 Texas pack adapted to FSX SE)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wm_-2019-apr-14-001.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Oh yes! I think I'm in love. I've got some paint schemes in mind already.

N007E in 1962 at the Howard Aero hanger. (scenery from California Classics 1962 Texas pack adapted to FSX SE)
    OMG, the shadow broke! LOL

My fav of the new Howard 500 liveries is of course the TWA livery you did Willy. Thanks for that one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TWA.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

OMG, the shadow broke! LOL

My fav of the new Howard 500 liveries is of course the TWA livery you did Willy. Thanks for that one!
    Mine also. . .great job Willy!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Marvellous!...

Thanks Milton and all involved.

Gary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H500_1.jpg  

My "tweaked" VC. I just need to find where the side walls are coming from so I can update those also
    Ed, did you get the sidewalls you wanted to show? I like the look of the lighter quilted pattern.

I must already have your tweaked panel textures in next to latest H500 as these look sharper so shouldn’t need to re-send/upload/re-download but not sure which ones exactly I need to copy and paste across to the 350. Gauges also seem clearer in the same (previous version FSX H500 native) model - is that also possible?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Actually no need to respond as I found your tweaks here in the Library
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

AOPA Pilot Magazine article on Howard 500

There's a really nice article about the Howard 500 in the latest AOPA Pilot magazine (May 2019).

Howards

Thank you Milton and team!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails howards.jpg  
    Greenhouse357

It's like Christmas in April !

Thank-you, to all involved in this beautiful project.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Thanks for all the comments; greatly appreciated.

We have two more Howard type variants in the paint shop - a Trigear and a taildragger actually based on the Lockheed L-18.

The Trigear is really a sweet ground handler and flyer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-apr-14-001.jpg   ms-2019-apr-14-002.jpg   ms-2019-apr-14-003.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; April 15th, 2019 at 10:39.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looking great, Milton! So far, so good on the Native FSX Howard. Smooth as chunky peanut butter
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

TuFun identified a mapping issue some time ago and I forgot to correct it in the Howard 500 release.

All five Howard 500 models are affected.

I have corrected the main archive but for those of you who have already downloaded and installed the FSX native Howard 500, I have a small fix for you including only the five model folders.

Download, unzip and copy the replacement model folders to your Howard 500 FSX folder replacing existing.

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...hw5mdlupdt.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Howard 303

I found in one of the howard 500 zip files (Jan 2019) a thumbnail of this texture but not the texture.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Surprised that this livery has not been done for the Howard 500:
    Been searching and have not seen it anywhere.....

https://tpaero.com/n500ln/
    Funny, I almost started that one last night.... Maybe

Members who have read this thread: 1