FSX Native Howard 500 from Milton

Thread: FSX Native Howard 500 from Milton

Hybrid View

FSX Native Howard 500 from Milton

Well, I decided to do it myself! LOL There are so many special paint schemes out there for the original release, and then some later ones for the remapped tail version, it was a bit confusing.

So, I am working on converting the original mapping models for all the great paint schemes that have been done for that. Afterwards, I will bring in the remapped tail version with a few other enhancements.

The benefit, of course, is that we can control changes and updates, enjoy the Howard 500 in native FSX land with it added benefits, and be compatible with P3D thru v4 I hope.

Here are a few paint schemes shown in the converted early passenger model by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Joáo Paz, Tony Radmilovich, Matthew Garraway, Heather, Cha Seung Ho, Damian Radice, Gregory W. Hux, and Siegfried Schaeffer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-jan-18-023.jpg   ms-2019-jan-18-005.jpg   ms-2019-jan-18-001.jpg   ms-2019-jan-18-002.jpg   ms-2019-jan-17-004.jpg   ms-2019-jan-17-015.jpg  

ms-2019-jan-17-013.jpg   ms-2019-jan-17-012.jpg   ms-2019-jan-17-008.jpg   ms-2019-jan-17-006.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2020

Thank you Milton

Pete.

Thank You Milton... The Howard 500 is such a brute. The hardest part of flying it is deciding which excellent paint scheme to use!

I had more pics to post but after trying 5 times, I gave up. LOL
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, sometimes I think you are reading my mind, this is just the best news. Nothing could make me more happy! Love the selection of repaints - big favourites!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thanks Milton!

I've never seen that spiffy white with the red trim before. Man, we're getting all kinds of great FS news today.

This one is for the updated tail version of the Howard. Done from actual one photo on the net. Not complete though, only right side.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Thanks Milton!

I've never seen that spiffy white with the red trim before. Man, we're getting all kinds of great FS news today.
    It really is. This is one of many of the late Damian Radice original paints I am featuring on this release. His File Id says this:

"Howard 500, registration N4362F. N4362F was flown by Jimmy Leeward, the pilot that flys the P51D "Cloud Dancer" at the Reno Air Races, from 1972-1974.Textures only for the Howard 500 by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Joáo Paz. Repaint by Damian Radice."

Not long after the Howard 500 release, Damian joined the team as our texture artist.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Unhappy

Damian Radice....one of the nicest FS blokes ever....
    He is missed....

Wonderful news! Downloading now
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Wonderful news! Downloading now
    I tried three times and for reasons unexplained the download keeps getting stuck at 73.2 MB of 73.3 MB and then the download fails with "Failed - Network error". Since its getting late I will try again another day..

Edit: Four times.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

THANKS A LOT

to

Uncle MILTON and Team

Best regards

Roland

She's a fast mover, shaker and a real looker! WOW!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Damian Radice....one of the nicest FS blokes ever....
    He is missed....
    I agree with that comment P, he was also a great producer of super paints doing many for us on several different projects.

His paints for the Howard 500 featured in the upcoming release are some of my favs.

He is missed.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have released a small model folder update (for the Howard 350) that adds in a proper landing gear lever.

The current VC lever can be hard to get the gear up although the down works fine.

You can get the small "Model folder only" download here.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=115146
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Working to package up the Howard 500 now for beta testing. Should be out in a few days if all goes well.

This package will have the originally mapped models, plus the newer tail mapped models, and a few other updates all FSX native and tested in P3D v4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-jan-18-002.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

thank you, Milton and team for this updated twin...it is very fine.

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Looking good so far! I did a test flight from KPDX to KPAE, less than a 1 hour flight. Near the end of the flight I lost the rear door, rudders, and it looked like I had a gigantic dive-bomber speed brake extending below the fuselage. I shouda taken a screenshot of that. Maybe next flight if I see it again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Howard.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	68469
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I love the bumps/spec and shine in the paint as shown in post #26 in this thread. ... Hopefully it will be one of the paints included.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    I love the bumps/spec and shine in the paint as shown in post #26 in this thread. ... Hopefully it will be one of the paints included.
    Thanks; bumps and specs have been done for all liveries included. I think Wellis has found the perfect balance of exceptional appearance up close while not degrading the appearance at 50'.

TuFun said earlier that the paints were still a WIP. I had them in the package for testing the remapped tail models but removed them when done. I left the aircraft.cfg [fltsim] entries in place as placeholders. The paints look awesome and hopefully he will finish and release them for us.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks; bumps and specs have been done for all liveries included. I think Wellis has found the perfect balance of exceptional appearance up close while not degrading the appearance at 50'.

TuFun said earlier that the paints were still a WIP. I had them in the package for testing the remapped tail models but removed them when done. I left the aircraft.cfg [fltsim] entries in place as placeholders. The paints look awesome and hopefully he will finish and release them for us.
    Just took a spin in the FSX Howard and it's still an awesome aircraft! Will defiantly upgrade with better graphics.

This one will be first on the list...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Looking good so far! I did a test flight from KPDX to KPAE, less than a 1 hour flight. Near the end of the flight I lost the rear door, rudders, and it looked like I had a gigantic dive-bomber speed brake extending below the fuselage. I shouda taken a screenshot of that. Maybe next flight if I see it again.

Yup, love the slow soft landing with those big flaps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ext flaps.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Howard 500 for FSX and P3D - Native FSX

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian Props

Description: FSX Native Howard 500 for FSX and P3D
    by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Joáo Paz, Damian Radice, Nigel Richards, William Ellis, and Willy McCoy

Pkg incl 5 models (Passenger and Cargo - Original Mapping and Revised Tail Mapping), custom panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom Flight Model, and 16 liveries.

Tested in FSXA and P3Dv4 without issues however your appearances of the various liveries may be different based on your options settings.

Optional Paints Available by Web Search by - Tony Radmilovich, Matthew Garraway, Heather, Cha Seung Ho, Gregory W. Hux, and Siegfried Schaeffer, and others.

April 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Howard 500 for FSX and P3D - Native FSX
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I've been waiting for this and it was well worth the wait!!! Thanks to everyone involved. Brings back some old memories.....

Members who have read this thread: 1