My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Beautiful looking airplane Milton.

Thank you Ed; it's turning out better than I expected. Fun to work on and to fly.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thank you

Milton your dedication to the community in providing these great models is admirable, I for one have probably all your models in my FSX library. A huge thank you and keep up the great work. This model looks as good as all your previous efforts congratulations.

Regards

Doug

Thank you Doug for the comments; that's very kind of you. :-)

On the Howard 350 front, Wellis is working on details now for the fuselage now that the base texture is done.
    Wings, engines, tails next.

He says it will get better .... really? Wow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-feb-3-007.jpg   ms-2019-feb-3-004.jpg   ms-2019-feb-3-003.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Simply gorgeous!
    Love the wood grain insets like country squire Ford station wagons we all saw in the 60s.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Simply gorgeous!
    Love the wood grain insets like country squire Ford station wagons we all saw in the 60s.
    Thanks Expat; Wellis is doing a great job on that 350.

Meanwhile on the Tri-gear 250, I am redesigning/reshaping the engines to make them more sleek and adding main gear doors. Lots going on there with so many parts.
    Have also added nose gear brakes and brake lines to all gear.

This is the last flight of the 250 before the engines change over.

The wings also get a change for a more modern, less drag, faster speed make-over.

Hence, all major body parts have changed requiring an all new texture mapping for the aircraft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-feb-7-018.jpg   ms-2019-feb-7-017.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Still working on the port side engine and wing with a total redo. I have most of the work done now to the cowling, exhaust ring area, nacelle, cowl flaps, and door covering to become the doors.

Also reshaped the left wing; just need to add back the nav lights.

Here is a comparison of the old L-18 wing and engine (starboard side) to the streamlined Howard 250 Tri-gear wing and engine (port side).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L18 vs H250.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Nice! I can see how that is much more powerful/sporty looking the 250 was with that comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Nice! I can see how that is much more powerful/sporty looking the 250 was with that comparison.
    The redesigned wings, nacelle extended tails, and the fuselage extended tail made quite the difference.

Just finished up the wing and engine redo, cloned to the right side and got things back in order.

Now on to fuse, wing, and engine re-mapping for textures before the animations are re-done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-feb-8-001.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wonderful stuff. Appreciate your doing all this hard work but this will be a real treat.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Wonderful stuff. Appreciate your doing all this hard work but this will be a real treat.
    Thanks Expat. The bonus with the model upgrade will be a flight model (FDE) upgrade. A faster cruise speed and a little more nimble.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well, now with the fuselage, wings,and engines rebuilt and gear re-positioned, all except the tails had to be re-mapped for textures. That is now completed.
    Once I get the interior (VC) model up-to-date with all those changes, she'll be ready for the paint shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-feb-11-006.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton

She looks really fast

Probably the pinacle of Prop businessplane ( apart AC560/680) , till everybody had to shift to Baron's due to running cost

Really splendid

Thanks a lot

Roland

Expect other priorities need attending to but just wondering if this - these two actually (H 350 and H 250 Tri Gear) - are progressing.

Expect other priorities need attending to but just wondering if this - these two actually (H 350 and H 250 Tri Gear) - are progressing.
    Indeed:

1) H500 - Willy is trying to wrap the bumps and spec adjustments on the TWA livery which will be a marquee entry along with N500HP

2) H350 - Wellis has just completed first cut of panel lines and rivets on the new fuselage mapping and is moving on to other body parts

3) H250 - Tailwheel variant - about ready for paint shop but luxury interior updates still needed

4) H250 Trigear - Exterior completed and mapped for textures; luxury interior updates needed yet

Yes, RW thingies happening as well to all three of us but these breaks in action are also healthy for the projects. In due time Sir :-)

A good diversion would be to download the A26 FSX native update by DaveQ and team; great stuff there. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Good gosh yes a lot is happening - many thanks for the update!
    Learned a long time ago the virtue of patience having its big rewards with your many terrific projects over the years. Now, off to start up those twin R2800's in the meantime, lol, . . .

I was wanting to do N500LN's new paint scheme, but it was pointed out to me that it's copyrighted. So, I contacted the shop that painted it and all I got was an ambiguous response, then silence. Oh, well. I'm kind of fond of the TWA paint anyway.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Never liked that new scheme on the 500LN looks better on the Albatross. Preferred the early B&W paint scheme.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Never liked that new scheme on the 500LN looks better on the Albatross. Preferred the early B&W paint scheme.
    I agree, I hope somebody does one in that black and white!

Just checking in to see if there is any progress on this project!

Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    Just checking in to see if there is any progress on this project!
    Indeed, slow, but steady progress.

Bumps completed for the Howard 500, and the 350 textures are in progress.
    The 500 and 350 will be released together.

The 250 will follow the 350 as a separate project.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks for the reply Milton. Looking forward to having a Howard in my hanger, as I do to all your projects...

Wow, Milton! Those are some swell looking machines. I can hardly wait to run down some more Citations and Lears...
    America never stopped being great.

Members who have read this thread: 1