FSX Native Howard 500 from Milton - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native Howard 500 from Milton

Thanks Expat :-) Great shot!

Did you find that Wing Ice Detection Light Switch on the Right Knee Console in the De-Ice Section. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I really like those panoramic windows. Great work everyone!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-4-8_21-36-3-153.jpg  

Thank you very much, just tested yesterady and another beauty into my hangar.

Thanks everyone. Happy that you can enjoy the 350, and hopefully the Howard 500 very shortly.

I do have a question for you all.

I have 21 liveries in the Howard 500 package with five models. These represent the original two liveries for the passenger and cargo versions, and around 16 liveries in total for the old model versions.
    This includes around 11 from the late Damian Radice that are becoming hard to find, and now tweaked for the FSX native version.

There are also 4-5 paints from Ted Wolfgang (TuFun) that use the remapped newer versions of the Howard 500. These are the only paint version examples that use the newer remapped tail versions.

There is also a beautiful TWA livery from Willy that can be used with either the old or new passenger versions.

The package size is not extraordinarily large (167M download) but some have suggested maybe too many liveries for a release.

I did remove 10 other liveries from other artists and now down to the original authors, plus Damian Radice, Willy, and TuFun.

I will likely remove two liveries that I cannot identify the authors bringing the total liveries to 19 reducing total size by 10MB.

Do you have any suggestions or preferences in this regard?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mats.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

167Mb it's not so big file size these days. You can create a another package that contains most of the liveries, but you only include 2 original repaints in main package if you want to make main package file size smaller?

I'm partial to one big download. It makes for less "clicking" around. But I understand that's a problem for many with slower Internet connections, so perhaps put an assortment of liveries in the main package, then group the remainder together in a separate package?
    America never stopped being great.

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    I'm partial to one big download. It makes for less "clicking" around. But I understand that's a problem for many with slower Internet connections, so perhaps put an assortment of liveries in the main package, then group the remainder together in a separate package?
    This sounds fair :-)

LouP

I'm for whatever makes your life easier with regard to packaging and uploading. Barring no difference there, I'm fine with what everyone else wants. Six of one, half dozen of the other as far as I'm concerned.

Packaging is already done; just wondering whether to remove any or not. :-)

My thinking is, it's a lot easier to remove what you do not want than to add what you do want. :-) LOL

Appreciate all your thoughts on the matter.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Uncle Milton

I would leave the pack big
    And yes an unknown artist-and yes there are rules

But I guess to talk for 90% of (tiny ) producers and community- Its am HONOUR to be on an MS&Team Plane

Just my 2 cents

Roland

PS:That 350 is a really looking fas ( in face is fast and works esentially well in P3D V4.4

Looking good so far! I did a test flight from KPDX to KPAE, less than a 1 hour flight. Near the end of the flight I lost the rear door, rudders, and it looked like I had a gigantic dive-bomber speed brake extending below the fuselage. I shouda taken a screenshot of that. Maybe next flight if I see it again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Howard.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	68469
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I love the bumps/spec and shine in the paint as shown in post #26 in this thread. ... Hopefully it will be one of the paints included.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    I love the bumps/spec and shine in the paint as shown in post #26 in this thread. ... Hopefully it will be one of the paints included.
    Thanks; bumps and specs have been done for all liveries included. I think Wellis has found the perfect balance of exceptional appearance up close while not degrading the appearance at 50'.

TuFun said earlier that the paints were still a WIP. I had them in the package for testing the remapped tail models but removed them when done. I left the aircraft.cfg [fltsim] entries in place as placeholders. The paints look awesome and hopefully he will finish and release them for us.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Looking good so far! I did a test flight from KPDX to KPAE, less than a 1 hour flight. Near the end of the flight I lost the rear door, rudders, and it looked like I had a gigantic dive-bomber speed brake extending below the fuselage. I shouda taken a screenshot of that. Maybe next flight if I see it again.

Yup, love the slow soft landing with those big flaps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ext flaps.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    ... just wondering whether to remove any or not. :-)
    Remove? Are you mad?!

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Remove? Are you mad?!
    LOL Good one :-)

No, just trying to be considerate of everyone. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I completely understand, although looking at your body of work, I'd say you've already cornered the market on consideration! I'm sure everyone will love whatever paints you include in the package. I know I can hardly wait!

Hi Milton
    Haven't read everything so don't know how much input you've had about operations in P3D V4. I flew the airplane in this simulator (v4.4) and flew with no problems I could find. Trims worked well and it stalled sedately - not sure if that would have been the case in the actual 500 but good enough for me - great sounds. Thanks for doing it and if a cargo version is ever available I would be very appreciative.
    All the best.
    Warren

Have a complete parking apron awaiting the 500 package arrival. All in one download, or split up, but please, don't remove any of the paints. I am one of those insatiable collectors who has nearly every repaint for every aircraft modeled, that interests me, which is nearly everything except the modern tubes. However, I do not have all of them, and there were, surprisingly, about a half dozen in your previews I don't have, and can't locate. Looking forward to this package.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks everyone. Happy that you can enjoy the 350, and hopefully the Howard 500 very shortly.

I do have a question for you all.

I have 21 liveries in the Howard 500 package with five models. These represent the original two liveries for the passenger and cargo versions, and around 16 liveries in total for the old model versions.
    This includes around 11 from the late Damian Radice that are becoming hard to find, and now tweaked for the FSX native version.

There are also 4-5 paints from Ted Wolfgang (TuFun) that use the remapped newer versions of the Howard 500. These are the only paint version examples that use the newer remapped tail versions.

There is also a beautiful TWA livery from Willy that can be used with either the old or new passenger versions.

The package size is not extraordinarily large (167M download) but some have suggested maybe too many liveries for a release.

I did remove 10 other liveries from other artists and now down to the original authors, plus Damian Radice, Willy, and TuFun.

I will likely remove two liveries that I cannot identify the authors bringing the total liveries to 19 reducing total size by 10MB.

Do you have any suggestions or preferences in this regard?
    Send all of it. We can take out what we don't want.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thanks for the reports on the 350, and for the feedback on the 500 packaging.
    The 350 release is done, and will not have a cargo variant.
    The Howard 500 release does include a cargo variant.

The Howard 500 beta testing is wrapping up and I will likely have the release uploaded Friday.

I am including 16 liveries and have three placeholders for TuFun's liveries should he choose to finish them.

I am withholding 14 other liveries that are not my team's work.
    These liveries are all available at Com-Central in the Howard 500 package (34 liveries). You must be a member there to download.
    The CC packaged texture folders will need some careful management to slim them down to the appropriate textures with the common texture folder carrying most of the load.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

There was a little delay getting to this Howard 500 upload as i was focusing on an FS9 variant of the Howard 350 for those simmers.

Today I will focus on getting the Howard 500 package reviewed and uploaded. Should be close to ready now.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I want to add my thanks to Milton for continuing to feed the hungry masses with his classic aircraft now as native FSX. . .ensuring that they live on for years to come. . .a wonderful testament to his talents. Of course may thanks also to all those who joined with Milton "git er' done" in such a timely manner. . .well done to all those involved.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

My "tweaked" VC. I just need to find where the side walls are coming from so I can update those also.

USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Ed try post number 20 in this thread.

looks like cabinwalls2

Members who have read this thread: 1