FSX_AVRO_Tutor_port_over_Parts 1 & 2 UPLOADED! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FSX_AVRO_Tutor_port_over_Parts 1 & 2 UPLOADED!

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Bah! You deserve a well earned feast, Keith!
    Cannot say that I'm a very good beta tester though....I've only just spotted the valve springs, rockers & pushrods jumping....not tried to see if they are in the correct firing order though!!!!!! Has anyone else checked, along with the bouncy pilot when running over rough ground or masking a hard landing?
    I just wonder how many more 'Easter eggs' are there!
    Keith

One of the most impressive personal works I've seen in FSX in a long time. Top Shelf.
    -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Ulrich?/Oliver Twist

Having experienced the classiness of the 621 in P3D, one is reminded of Oliver Twist while hopefully waiting for an FSX Native version of the Tutor.
    Is that in the long term plans?
    Is Ulrich beavering away?
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Having experienced the classiness of the 621 in P3D, one is reminded of Oliver Twist while hopefully waiting for an FSX Native version of the Tutor.
    T43
    I am hoping for that also.

Please Sir, can I have some more!
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Cannot say that I'm a very good beta tester though....I've only just spotted the valve springs, rockers & pushrods jumping....not tried to see if they are in the correct firing order though!!!!!! Has anyone else checked, along with the bouncy pilot when running over rough ground or masking a hard landing?
    I just wonder how many more 'Easter eggs' are there!
    Keith
    Saw the valve springs and push rods moving but the pilot actually held up a sign saying "Great landing, Charlie!" because it landed so smoothly,.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Nigel
    Thank you very much for this wonderful work! Outstanding! Old school flying at it's finest!
    Cheers!

The Old Master Sergeant

I'm in awe... true masterpiece by the master himself! You are the main reason I want to paint or at least try too. Bravo!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Fellas I have listened to all your praise for Nigel and deserved it is.

There are several more to come but please bear in mind Nigel lives on a Greek smallholding which is fairly basic and last year his power unit packed up and will cost quite a bit to replace or repair. he lives in Greece and paypal is not too clever there
    I think it would be nice if we could help him here as a thank you and sticking together. I do not know how to do this but we have made donations to SOH every year so I leave it to Rami and company to try to organise it
    PLease lets do this

Cheers Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    One of the most impressive personal works I've seen in FSX in a long time. Top Shelf.
    -d
    Hi dvj,
    fantastic picture of a truly beautiful model!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I am hoping for that also.

Please Sir, can I have some more!
    Nigel/ we, have another 3 variants still to come.

As for you all shouting about FSX Native, Nigel is working on these, but just as the power problems at his farm have forced him to temporarily de-camp, so they have delayed output of the Native.

Now that you've all read that, I'm up for the 'donation' idea mooted above if someone can make it happen.

Its been great to help Nigel realise this project.

Ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Fellas I have listened to all your praise for Nigel and deserved it is.

There are several more to come but please bear in mind Nigel lives on a Greek smallholding which is fairly basic and last year his power unit packed up and will cost quite a bit to replace or repair. he lives in Greece and paypal is not too clever there
    I think it would be nice if we could help him here as a thank you and sticking together. I do not know how to do this but we have made donations to SOH every year so I leave it to Rami and company to try to organise it
    PLease lets do this

Cheers Chris.
    I second that,
    These models are well worth shelling out a few drachmas (or even euros, dollars, or pounds) for. Since i got them I've been flying them as much or more than any payware package I have bought.

Gavin

Very, very, very nice. Thank you very much sir.

Shucks, all the good thing have been said about Tutor, but it sure is a nice bird thanks to you and the team involved.

T43

Hi T43,
    I wasn't much home during the weekend,
    but the Tutor is in the making and the work is nearly done.
    A few tests and repacking the files to upload.

If Nigel allow, i will provide my temporary FSX natives models, until his versions are done.

I will need a moment or two for this ;-)

shots from P3Dv4+

Cheers
    Ulrich

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My sincere thanks for the warm enthusiasm and gratitude by everyone here, it really does make the entire project worthwhile.

Thank you ALL, Gentlemen :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Hi T43,
    I wasn't much home during the weekend,
    but the Tutor is in the making and the work is nearly done.
    A few tests and repacking the files to upload.

If Nigel allow, i will provide my temporary FSX natives models, until his versions are done.

I will need a moment or two for this ;-)

shots from P3Dv4+

Cheers
    Ulrich
    Ulrich, I would be most honoured and grateful on behalf of P3D users for your conversions, Sir :-)
    Just seeing these AWESOME screenshots is a welcome treat, indeed!

Thank YOU, Ulrich.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

I'll have to say it is nice to see landscape that approaches the quality of this airplane. Good shots.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    I'll have to say it is nice to see landscape that approaches the quality of this airplane. Good shots.
    Have to agree with you there, downwind - really Top notch scenery, and I'm blown away here by all the amazing screenshots.

Dvj's AWESOME pic of the 'Oxford University Squadron' livery over the sea is something else!!!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

FSX Native Tutor

Ulrich - Thank you for working on the Native Tutors & thanks to Nigel for clearing their release.
    When you are satisfied with them will be time enough.

I have a query - I have noticed in your excellent captures that in the first 3, the light on the rudder is "assertive"?, ie, appears perhaps overly bright, or relatively large ?, or were they as bright as that in real life?
    It is something I have noticed on other vintage aircraft from various manufacturers.
    Is it possible to make it more subdued, or is that a P.I.T.A thing to do?
    Thanks
    T43

Thank you very much, Nigel and Team
    Your Avro's have the addiction factor.
    The look, the flight feeling and the awesome sounds
    make them really unique.

FYI
    The scenery in my shots are free (donation) ware
    from Simmershome.de
    LGRP Rhodos for P3Dv4 and +

Ulrich

Ulrich - Thank you for working on the Native Tutors & thanks to Nigel for clearing their release.
    When you are satisfied with them will be time enough.

I have a query - I have noticed in your excellent captures that in the first 3, the light on the rudder is "assertive"?, ie, appears perhaps overly bright, or relatively large ?, or were they as bright as that in real life?
    It is something I have noticed on other vintage aircraft from various manufacturers.
    Is it possible to make it more subdued, or is that a P.I.T.A thing to do?
    Thanks
    T43
    I have found in my Effects folder an alternate for the default fx_navwhi effect, which i had attached.
    It's much more smaller and looks more authentic,
    called fx_navwhis_old.fx.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Have to agree with you there, downwind - really Top notch scenery, and I'm blown away here by all the amazing screenshots.

Dvj's AWESOME pic of the 'Oxford University Squadron' livery over the sea is something else!!!
    Hey, thank you! That's a native screen capture too. No post processing other than resize. Anxious now to see the FSX native models with shading in DX10.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

SOH-CM-2023
    I have found in my Effects folder an alternate for the default fx_navwhi effect, which i had attached.
    It's much more smaller and looks more authentic,
    called fx_navwhis_old.fx.

PB, This effect must be from a non standard source as I cannot find it in FSX+A, FSX+SP2 nor in FS9. Any chance you could search in your files?
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    PB, This effect must be from a non standard source as I cannot find it in FSX+A, FSX+SP2 nor in FS9. Any chance you could search in your files?
    Keith
    Keith, i have searched in all my installed aircrafts,
    but couldn't find something.
    Perhaps it is hard coded that i didn't find something.
    I have the effect file in FSX ACC and my P3Dv4 sim.

Anyway, i have created a new effect file "fx_navwhi_A621.fx"
    with similar settings and have attached it to all the models and to the download packs.
    I have the FSX native AVRO Tutor files ready for download.
    Also i have updated the exiting FSX native AVRO 621 / Trainer model files at mediafire download account.

Ulrich

Tail light

Keith, i have searched in all my installed aircrafts,
    but couldn't find something.
    Perhaps it is hard coded that i didn't find something.
    I have the effect file in FSX ACC and my P3Dv4 sim.

Anyway, i have created a new effect file "fx_navwhi_A621.fx"
    with similar settings and have attached it to all the models and to the download packs.
    I have the FSX native AVRO Tutor files ready for download.
    Also i have updated the exiting FSX native AVRO 621 / Trainer model files at mediafire download account.

Ulrich
    Appreciated!
    T43

Hello everyone,

-Magnificent realization that this Tutor!
    However, I find that my turn indicator does not work, but the slip, works normally!
    Astonishing because the gauges are the same as the Trainer 621, which work properly!
    Am I the only one?
    Is there a solution, because I redowloaded and re installed the plane without improvement of this problem?
    Thank you.

Alain
    -

Members who have read this thread: 0