Problem with AT&T Web Hosting upgrade to PHP 7.2

Thread: Problem with AT&T Web Hosting upgrade to PHP 7.2

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22 Problem with AT&T Web Hosting upgrade to PHP 7.2

Hiya Guys,

I got an email from AT&T website solutions saying that they are getting ready to upgrade from PHP 5.2 to PHP 7.2. The message included a link where you can plug in your website addy and check to see if your website will still function under the new PHP 7.2 regime. When I ran the check on mine I got an error message which I find, after contacting them by phone, means that my website will no longer function. It will become un-navigatable. I will still be able to upload and download files via the FTP server but that's is about it.

I ask their tech support how to go about converting my web-page code so that they will still function and the reply I got is that: "We don't do code. Google on it." Pretty danged p-poor reply IMHO.

Anyhow, I know next to nothing about PHP. I have always used Adobe PageMIll to edit and create my webpages with only just the barest minimal editing of the source code by hand. As far as I know my webste is based around HTML coding.

I wouldn't know how to convert the source code in my web pages into PHP 7.2 compatibility if my life depended on it!

Anybody have any bright ideas?

MR
    Last edited by MaskRider; January 16th, 2019 at 19:43.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Maybe Adobe's tech has a patch or solution?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon22

Yeah,

Good thought SW. But, Adobe stopped supporting PageMill years ago.

Don't think its even on their radar screen anymore.

Actually what I have in mind is maybe moving my site to friendlier environs. Maybe to someplace like DreamHost.

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

I don't think you have anything to worry about. From what I see your page is defaulting to a html file and all of your links point to html files. The test page probably failed because you are not running .php content. Look through your website folder and if you don't see any files that end in .php then you can rest easy.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Icon22

Thanks for that input DD26.

There should be zero webpages ending in .php- none that I ever created anyway.

I'll take your advice and wait to see if anything happens.

To tell the truth the techie over at AT&T who I spoke with sounded pretty clueless. Just regurgitating spam in the can answers.

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

I had to check all of mine today also..............
    Test seemed to be ok, all of my pages also end in htm or html.

4 business sites and then the Free Flight Site

Over 360 pages combined.

I guess we will find out soon.
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    I guess we will find out soon.
    Fingers crossed!

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Maskrider....

My own personal opinion in dealing with anything with AT&T is that they have become the real epitomy of a dungpile company. I have been with them almost forever and have seen it go from great to the pits! Am really looking for another carrier, especially since , it seems, AT&T can't bother to put repeaters in NY airports and I am always playing the OJ commercial looking for a phone to contact my ride 1 mile away when I arrive home!!! In case I forgot to mention, at one time I was a AT&T switchman!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0