WOFF UE Amiens/Ypres cathedrals in ETO 1.50 GSL

Thread: WOFF UE Amiens/Ypres cathedrals in ETO 1.50 GSL

WOFF UE Amiens/Ypres cathedrals in ETO 1.50 GSL

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to incorporate the WOFF UE Amiens and Ypres Cathedrals in ETO 1.50's GSL files?

I'm asking as I read an article stating that those were major landmarks for VFR flying during the Second World War.

If so, can anyone point me in the right direction on how to edit the gsl files? I've never felt comfortable editing those files at all.

Thanks
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

If you have WOFF or WOTR it's not difficult.

1. Go to that gsl and copy the whole row to the bottom of you gsl which you should have opened as a csv spread sheet with one or other apps around.

2. The first couple of columns as you know, give the name of the facility this row refers to. Search for it in the facilities file and copy it to yours,

3. Open the facility file and see what items; buildings, etc., it calls for. Go to the respective folder' buildings or whatever, and copy that or those to your respective files and delete the bmp(s)

4, Place your new gsl csv file in the CFS3 Terrain SDK/GlobalLayer folder and run the make_gsl.bat file. You will end with the csv and .lib files, both of which should be copied into your global layer folder, replcing the exisiting ones.

That should do the trick!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Thanks, James. Now for the fun part - figuring out where Ypres is on the map!

Famous battles fought there throughout WWI by the Brits. They called it "Wipers"!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Found it! Was more of a location so I could see if it worked. Sure enough, I managed to get in a few of the WOFF landmarks into ETO 1.50!

Members who have read this thread: 0