Republic XF-91 Thunderceptor

Thread: Republic XF-91 Thunderceptor

Republic XF-91 Thunderceptor

Just up at Flightsim, more first class freeware, completely out of the blue . only had one quick flight but its a joy, only flown in FSX so i cant say if it works in other sims, has a very fine VC also

I believe the designer's called Uenoshing, so thanks for this if your reading

Definitely a keeper. Very nice! At first glance (before downloading) I thought this might be an Ito rework. Thank you very much Uenoshing!

Brian

I thought this might be an Ito rework
    On no, its much much better than that

Members +
    Blog Entries
    http://uenoshing.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/11/23/003400

Some mouth watering projects. Nice to see he's decided to publish.

I downloaded and gave it a flight this morning RIGHT after I saw it on Flightsim.com.

This thing is AWESOME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymHH0Hh1Iw

I asked him if this was available a few weeks ago. I guess I should have checked for a response at this site. I hope he releases his XF-103 as well. I really really want the XFV-12A too. Thanks for the heads up.

i tried out the Thunderceptor it is an amazing aircraft. An excellent model that I can find no fault on. My first test flight I got it up to 24k ft pretty quickly throttled back cruised for a little bit, noticed I was down to 15% fuel and turned for home. Reading about the original XP-91 with its 25 minute endurance that is not too far off what you would expect. It was pretty easy to land with its flaps and spoiler, which was very welcome after trying to land Gastonj's D.510 several times.

While these kind of experimental aircraft are usually not my thing, but this is well deserving of your time to take it for a few test flights before it gets parked in the hanger next to those other amazing experimental aircraft.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I'd really like to get a copy of his Grumman Jaguar. I wonder if he's ever going to put it up for download. Is there a way to translate his web pages?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Republic 47.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	66521

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Republic 49.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	66522

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I'd really like to get a copy of his Grumman Jaguar. I wonder if he's ever going to put it up for download. Is there a way to translate his web pages?

Yes, google translate. In fact, in chrome, when I go to the site it automatically asks if I would like the site translated. Having said that, most of what he has posted is about modeling the aircraft. I've been through a lot of his site and, so far, I think this is the only plane he has released to the public.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thanks Sundog.

Just up at Flightsim this evening

FSX - FSX Modern MilitaryFSX Republic XF-91B Thunderceptor v1.0 (Big Nose)
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: zue_republic_xf91b_v1_0.zip
    Size: 37,943,626 Date: 02-04-2019 Downloads: 98

FSX Republic XF-91B Thunderceptor v1.0 (Big Nose). This package is type B of XF-91 unit No.1 which added a large radome nose. There are four rocket weapons inside. The feature of the XF91 is to have an inverse taper wing that increases in thickness as it goes outward. Another feature, the dual power unit of jet engine and rocket engine, made Mach 2 expected. However, the high-power rocket engine Curtiss-Wright XLR 27 was canceled and instead the XLR 11 rocket motor (the same type as Bell X-1) was used. The dream of XF-91 did not come true in the end. And theAfter various tests, the XF-91 project is over. XF-91B type is currently display at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. I like US jet fighters full of adventure of this age. By Uenoshing. 

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Just up at Flightsim this evening

FSX - FSX Modern MilitaryFSX Republic XF-91B Thunderceptor v1.0 (Big Nose)
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: zue_republic_xf91b_v1_0.zip
    Size: 37,943,626 Date: 02-04-2019 Downloads: 98

FSX Republic XF-91B Thunderceptor v1.0 (Big Nose). This package is type B of XF-91 unit No.1 which added a large radome nose. There are four rocket weapons inside. The feature of the XF91 is to have an inverse taper wing that increases in thickness as it goes outward. Another feature, the dual power unit of jet engine and rocket engine, made Mach 2 expected. However, the high-power rocket engine Curtiss-Wright XLR 27 was canceled and instead the XLR 11 rocket motor (the same type as Bell X-1) was used. The dream of XF-91 did not come true in the end. And theAfter various tests, the XF-91 project is over. XF-91B type is currently display at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. I like US jet fighters full of adventure of this age. By Uenoshing. 
    Thanks for the heads up.

Members who have read this thread: 0