The Dewoitine D510 V1 is out

Thread: The Dewoitine D510 V1 is out

The Dewoitine D510 V1 is out

Hi,

The Dewoitine D510 V1 model is out and you can get it at the "RoyaleFrenchNavy" site, so is the D501 (now V1).
    Although similar in appearance to the D501, it is actually very different from the power of its engine and changes in its structure.
    She is really a fighter and all aerobatic is possible.

Due to the design choices, low landing speed and no flaps, it is difficult to slow down to reach the landing speed.
    It conforms to the real model. Approach speed 140/150 km / h for a touchdown at 120 km / h.

Some screens

The cv common at the 501 and 510

flying

Many corrections have been made on the D501, this completes for the moment my D500/501/510 Series modeling approach.
    I give up work on the D500.

The sound and visual effects are those of the D501. It is therefore necessary to install the D501 or at least its effects.

Happy new year!

JMC

Gaston,

That looks great!

Cees

Dewoitine D510 V1 is out

Dommage que les anciens qui volent encore sur FS2004 soient encore laissés de coté
    Kenavo
    Papi

Hélas, je ne sais pas modéliser avec FS2004 mais je vole toujours sur FS2004 moi aussi !
    JMC

Bonsoir

-Superbe!
    Merci Gaston!

Alain
    -

Thank you very much JMC!

Huub

The Dewoitine D510 V1 is out FS2004?

Bonsoir Gaston,

alors ce super avion fonctionnerait aussi avec FS2004?
    Ca serait vraiment trop beau
    Kenavo
    Papi

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Bonsoir Gaston,

alors ce super avion fonctionnerait aussi avec FS2004?
    Ca serait vraiment trop beau
    Kenavo
    Papi
    Non, je disais que je ne sais pas développer pour FS2004. Je modélise avec Blender et il n'y a pas de module d'exportation vers FS2004, désolé!

I can't do models for FS2004 as I am using Blender and not Gmax.

JMC

Great work! Merci Gaston
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Landing the D510, the simple way

Hi,
    The Dewoitine D510 met a set of French Air Force specifications imposing a low landing speed, open cockpit, no flaps or retracting gear, as fast as 370 km/h.
    The result gives a wing with great AR scope (ʎ) and a weak induced drag. The AR scope of the D510 is 8.8 (spitfire 5.6) with approximately a lift/drag ratio at 150km / h reaching 12.

It is a powerful aircraft for its weight and fast enough for the type (fixed landing gear).

Having nothing to increase the drag (no flaps or speed brakes), the main difficulty for the pilot is to slow down the plane. Nothing else but anticipate and possibly make additional laps.

It's possible, the following video shows the easiest way to make a proper landing with the D510. Nothing complicated, only to reach the approach speed and make a touchdown 2 points.

To see full screen HD (1080) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSt7NGVQBKc&t=12s

However, modeling for FSX as realistically as possible is not a sinecure. Also, we apply to improve the thing.

Although the video was made with the initial distributed version, you can replace the files "air" and "cfg" by the following in appendix or download entirely the package on the site, the files having been updated.

It must also be remembered that this aircraft was in the hands of the elite military pilots of the time but accidents were not uncommon.

Soon, I will publish a video showing aerobatic abilities of the model.

JMC

D510_air_cfg.zip

Hi,

Last video showing abilities of the Dewoitine D510 /D501.

If you want to see full HD (1080), here we go

JMC

Nice videos JMC. However be careful when you start a looping as low as you did in the second movie......

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Not a big fan of aircraft from this time but this airplane is outstanding! What a great looking plane and a terrific job modeling it. This is now one of my most go to aircraft.

Merci beaucoup for a wonderful gift.

Hi Huub,

For sure, but I'm not the pilot. This video is an extract of a 10 minutes flight recorded with FSrecorder by the author of the flight model to verify it. I just added the D501 to present them together and do the replay recorded with Fraps.

Cheers,
    JMC

Slowdown the D510 .... again

Hi,

Looking at the second video, I discovered the second way to slowdown the plane :

Look at the rudder in the opposite direction of the turn. I don't know how you call this way in English but in French we call that "glissade".

JMC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d500_glissade1.jpg  

Do you need that ?

Hello,

I had invested a lot to simulate the operation of weapons and unfortunately the positioning of the connected gauges (round counters) did not allow to take full advantage. So I decided to make 2D gauges to repeat the indications of the corresponding 3D. This is the result.

If you are interested in this, will I make an extra package that will be available (work also for D501) ?
    These are French gauges of the time. Some are compatible FS9 (generic) and others, specific to this model only compatible FSX / P3D.

JMC

I believe you are referring to a "Side Slip".

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi,

Looking at the second video, I discovered the second way to slowdown the plane :

Look at the rudder in the opposite direction of the turn. I don't know how you call this way in English but in French we call that "glissade".

JMC
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Hi GastonJ,

I'm glad to announce you, that the final version of Blender: v2.80 has been released today.

The RC version was already very stable and promising but the final should delight us. A little more waiting to Blender2FSXP3D addon can be put into compliance with this version

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    Hi GastonJ,

I'm glad to announce you, that the final version of Blender: v2.80 has been released today.

The RC version was already very stable and promising but the final should delight us. A little more waiting to Blender2FSXP3D addon can be put into compliance with this version
    Hi lagaffe,
    Thank you, very interesting but I will wait for the availability (update) of transfer addons to FSX / P3D and XP before switching. However this tool seems fantastic to me, a big step forward!
    JMC

Members who have read this thread: 0